Video Thread

DemolitionMan

8 hours ago, Iarmor said:

US army in Germany, 1966

My father [maybe a Captain at the time ... he retired (grudgingly) as Lt. Col.] was stationed in Bad Kreuznach around 1979. I was very young and barely remember it. But all of my memories are fond ones. Someday I'll go back.

If I do, I'm definitely buying Nils a Bier. 🍻

Tankmen of the Baltic Fleet fulfilled the wish of 12-year-old boy Maxim, a pupil of the Nadezhda Center for Helping Children Left Without Parental Care, who wanted to know what a real battle tank is.

In the fleet of combat vehicles, the guest was met by the commander of a tank platoon, Lieutenant Maxim Kartalov, who spoke about the main characteristics of the T-72B3M tank, its combat capabilities and advantages over similar combat vehicles of foreign countries.

Then the tour continued inside the tank. First, Maxim tried his hand at the driver's seat. Having familiarized himself with the theory of tank control, he concluded that for this it is necessary to have good physical shape.

After that, the tank platoon commander gave up his place to Maxim and answered all his questions. Together with the commander, they made Maxim's old dreams come true - starting a tank engine and aiming the main weapon of the T-72B3M tank through the updated Sosna-U sight.

Maxim found out where the ammunition is in the tank, what the tankers are armed with, where their personal weapons are stored, and how they communicate with each other.

At the end, Maxim himself said that he wants to master the military specialty in the future, and after this excursion his desire only intensified.

On 12/18/2020 at 1:22 AM, Ssnake said:

Not that I expected better cross-country mobility from overloaded Piranha IIIs... but that was painful to watch.

Fully admitting that this is borderline necro-posting and nitpicking , i would like to point out the obvious fact that those arent in fact Piranha IIIs but Strykers😁....which means crappier (and less powerful) engines, crappier transmissions and crappier tires. 

Even in their up-armored 22t INTOPS version , our Piranha IIICs never looked that overweight and under-powered.

• 2 weeks later...