Video Thread

DemolitionMan

4 hours ago, Captain_Colossus said:

that same joke gets repeated at least once or twice in every video she appears in, or if not that, it's a great deal of the comments are men gushing over her rather than about the vehicles. i skip content where she appears because she is taking advantage of that very fact- selling merch as well as making it all her own personal fandom and attention space. she insinuated herself in this corner of the internet because she realized all the attention admiration and money she gets, making it more about herself than about the vehicles

In the video I posted she doesn't even show up half as much as some of her earlier videos, so this one Isn´t that bad.

Yes there Is a tendency (a lot more recently) for women to take "some" advantage of there good looks to gain views on there YT channel In form of clickbait.  The thing Is that some of these women actually know a thing or two about the subject there videos show. I really don´t see anything wrong In her case, on the contrary, I rather see her then some dude with a beard with high grade of testosterones coming out of his head.  

Can she shoot?

Oh and she´s even pretty. Don´t see anything wrong here.

Everything Is PERFECT to me 😄

look, i get it- i'm a straight shooter like the rest of them. but for that reason i understand something about men and women and what it's all about.

i avoid social media is much as i can because of what it often is- stupid attention getting selfies and so on. that's what this is- more of the same. the way men view women isn't the same as the way women view men. there is an incredible disparity here. we all deep down know this on some level. men worship women to the extent that women also understand how to manipulate that very behavior. men think that women are so mysterious or whatnot, when in reality they aren't at all- but they allow themselves to be viewed in that light.

this is what it looks like- women exists, literally doesn't do much at all, if she's reasonably attractive, men are fawning over them, tripping over themselves, throw their money at them and so on- it's more of the same. this particular female is not unusual, the male behavior towards her is also not unusual- it's more of the same, like you would see in any twitter post where a girl says something or does something stupid and gets all of the attention, or like you see with all those females who go to the sci fi conventions and dress up as these characters- they aren't necessarily even all that interested in the subject matter, but it's there where they live their lives out as celebrities- once again, they figured out how to take advantage of the male need to throw attention and/or money on them. this goofy squirrel in the bmp video is using the same script, just a different person. she doesn't own these vehicle collections, nor does she particularly know anything about them which adds to anyone's understanding, which the what she does is use the expertise or knowledge or experience of the male presenters to get her fans to drool over her or buy her branded t-shirt merch or what have you (notice how it's really about her- or it is really her placed front in center in the frame, in front of the vehicle) the male presenters don't seem to understand how they are being used to further those ends.

remember, if you view them as celebrities, they view you as fans. if you view them as queens, they view you as subjects. personally i get tired of the same movie over and over again either seeing this same person over again, or just another form of it somewhere else. i like to go somewhere to take a break once in a while, but it's near impossible, because they always find some male space to break in and do this and it's the same story all over again.

I try to look at It from the bright side. Maybe her funds go to the restoration/museum and that really makes a big difference for them money wise and promotion wise. I really doubt there not aware of that. I mean there´s plenty of business that hire attractive women to attract men. You go to a bar with a attractive woman, best chances are there will be plenty of men, which In turn will also bring women so It´s a win/win situation for some.  Yes It´s the same old trick, but as one get´s older he also gets wiser so we learn to live with it. They also learn to live with It because they know what´s on a mans mind so It´s not like we are the victims here.

While at It, my eyes are grateful to me and enjoy the sight. If she does keep It all to her self, well as my late dad use to say..."If you have more eat twice".

BTW, I worked with some big time music celebrities In the past as a production manager. I know very well how queens and there counter part can be. That´s even worst then what we are talking about here.

TBH seeing so much destruction here needed a pretty face for a change...

the difference here is i'm simply bored of it- that's why i ignore it. she doesn't actually say anything that adds anything about the subject matter, it's really self promotion. that's all it is. i understand other guys like it - fine- but i don't associate with women in that manner. i just flat out tell them to take their clothes off or leave- i'm not interested in their games, nor in this round about way to get attention. i don't listen to a piece of fluff to get her insight into armored vehicles say, that's not what they are for- that's what this forum is for, that's what subject matter experts are for

• Members
1 hour ago, Rad said:

What anti-tank weapon was used against this tank?

Seems like RPGs from multiple directions (at least left and right, possibly from a position behind the tank as all hits appear in the rear sector). The video is edited; we can't see the launch locations. The launch signature might otherwise be a clue. But in all three hits the damage seemed to be not immediately lethal. The first seems to have done nothing at all. The second at least made the tank crew reverse (and as the track had snapped, they wouldn't have gone anywhere, anyway). With the third hit on the turret rear the decision is made to bail out, and then we see a demonstration why it's best to do that as quickly as possible.

Ssnake and eSim, model it completely. The crew leaves the machines,  the corpses fly from blasts. Models of machines are destroy, they are smoking and fire, the caterpillars are moving out. Drones-kamikadze fly and kill.💥

18 hours ago, Captain_Colossus said:

that's what this forum is for, that's what subject matter experts are for

She speaks one minute In the whole video, and she appears another one whole minute In the video, the video last 23min. The rest of the video, which she Is filming Is about a mechanic talking about a BMP2, so I don´t know what your rant Is all about. What I see Is you just wanted to blow off some steam (like you usually do) on somebody here just to prove how right you are with everything. Very profesional of you.

Wrong guy because I could care less what you think about women or what Is boring to you, and this is not the place either to do so, like you stated.

Live, and let live If you can...

1 hour ago, Red2112 said:

She speaks one minute In the whole video, and she appears another one whole minute In the video, the video last 23min. The rest of the video, which she Is filming Is about a mechanic talking about a BMP2, so I don´t know what your rant Is all about. What I see Is you just wanted to blow off some steam (like you usually do) on somebody here just to prove how right you are with everything. Very profesional of you.

Wrong guy because I could care less what you think about women or what Is boring to you, and this is not the place either to do so, like you stated.

Live, and let live If you can...

get it straight- i never started or intended this conversation with you. had nothing to do with you until you got into it. you want to lock horns, ok, but i'm not going to play by your rules if you want to do it. this is what i mean how boring this movie has become, because it's the same behavior over and over. there is at least that guy who feels the need to mount his trusty white steed and come to the rescue of the honor of m'lady. the white knight syndrome- that's what you're doing now. what? how dare you defile my maiden's honor. i've said my piece.

Edited by Captain_Colossus

19 hours ago, mpow66m said:

whats the string in the cockpit for on the left

i do not think it is part of the helicopter's systems. if you look at DCS youtube videos of how to operate it, you see all the procedures like operating fuel pumps and switching circuit breakers, there is no cable like that in the cockpit. i would guess something improvised to tie something in place.

1 hour ago, Captain_Colossus said:

i do not think it is part of the helicopter's systems. if you look at DCS youtube videos of how to operate it, you see all the procedures like operating fuel pumps and switching circuit breakers, there is no cable like that in the cockpit. i would guess something improvised to tie something in place.

I think your correct. I would give a (old timers) use of said -string-.

A final reminder that when you exit the wpn system to do a certain procedure, ie: turn off powerplant place safety pin back to "safe" on ejector seat, bring you per wpn....well I could forget a lot of things....:) youall get my point?  :)