Video Thread

DemolitionMan

1 hour ago, mpow66m said:

I see absolutely no Infantry supp. by the Russ in any video.

Odd, there are many vids of MRR's in action. If one looks you can see the Org Charts with operational units listed, hint-MMR out number tank units at 3 -1.

Russian-forces-on-border-with-Ukr.jpg

Battalion Tactic Groups (BTG) and Company Tactic Groups (CTG) of the Southern Military District deployed

19th Motorized Brigade

18th Guards Independent Motor-Rifle Brigade

136th Motorized Brigade

17th Guards Independent Motor-Rifle Brigade

18th Guards Independent Motor-Rifle Brigade

19th Motorized Rifle Brigade

to name a few in 3 such Battalion Tactic Groups (BTG).

Edited by 12Alfa

1 hour ago, mpow66m said:

Where are they?what are they doing?

Going to take a wild guess now:

Doing Inf type of things, while not being seen by the enemy:)

Units loc have been reported by both sides.

Most video evidence is from drones, and as you know would make seeing grunts rather difficult:(

Tanks dont hold ground, or in this case Built-up areas, that be a Inf task, so look at the area they control. A certain coastal city comes to mind to keep them busy, and this would require large numbers.

If I were to guess, they are either tasked, or in/moving to their staging area to be tasked.

• Members
8 hours ago, mpow66m said:

I see absolutely no Infantry supp. by the Russ in any video.

Which may reflect on the preference of the Ukrainian side to post spectacular footage with tanks and artillery units. For a cell phone camera, if you can make out what the soldiers are doing you're right in the thick of it where you don't want to be. I mean, there isn't much non-fiction footage showing infantry fighting from Vietnam, Korea, WW2. That doesn't mean there was no infantry, it just means that if you can film them you're either on their side (and then maybe the Ukrainians don't want to upload the footage for OpSec reasons), or they are doing the "take cover" thing wrong, or they are not photogenic (because they hide well and/or are too far away for the camera).

Either way, the tank is the attention hog on the stage.

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Which may reflect on the preference of the Ukrainian side to post spectacular footage with tanks and artillery units. For a cell phone camera, if you can make out what the soldiers are doing you're right in the thick of it where you don't want to be. I mean, there isn't much non-fiction footage showing infantry fighting from Vietnam, Korea, WW2. That doesn't mean there was no infantry, it just means that if you can film them you're either on their side (and then maybe the Ukrainians don't want to upload the footage for OpSec reasons), or they are doing the "take cover" thing wrong, or they are not photogenic (because they hide well and/or are too far away for the camera).

Either way, the tank is the attention hog on the stage.

Ok,but wheres Russ sd of the story.I dont really see any vids of destriyed Ukr. equipt.

It seems like a fairly one sided affair so far.

But I think the real push by the Russ is just beggining as they consolodate forces and try to unf$%k their CF.

41 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

Ok,but wheres Russ sd of the story.I dont really see any vids of destriyed Ukr. equipt.

It seems like a fairly one sided affair so far.

But I think the real push by the Russ is just beggining as they consolodate forces and try to unf$%k their CF.

the fact that you are asking this question is a symptom of what pundits, politicians and the village collective framing this entire thing as that- as a ukranian whooping on the russians. if it looks one sided, it is because it is- this isn't to say that the russian version of things is somehow correct, but that there is russian video of destroyed ukranian units- you have to find russian sources to see it. i saw a video uploaded the other day depicting all the russian equipment collected by ukrainian farmers, but when you look at it, some of the vehicles aren't russian but knocked out ukranian vehicles, the cheering section in the youtube comments doesn't want to hear it though. the narrative i see generally in the west is that the russians have been fenced off, zelensky is personally sending in the ghost of kiev to knock them around, the russians are reeling and so on; at the same time, this doesn't really agree with ukraine repeatedly asking for more weapons, or someone asking for a no fly zone, or someone warning something else- because those are competing narratives to say that ukraine is winning but in dire need of help like that at the same time. i think even if the russian attack had completely run out of juice, what difference does it make- ukraine is a destroyed country now, much of the population has been displaced or fled or what have you, they've been set back as a country quite a bit. but i don't think that is a message that is gaining traction because it's better to convince people that the ghost of ukraine is real- literally there were statements made to the effect that people should have this illusion and that it was 'cruel' or 'unfair' to disabuse them of it 

there is a joke in the MMO community- whether talking about war thunder or world of tanks probably makes no difference- 'no armor is the best armor' , usually with respect to a perceived problem with armor models in the games where non or lightly armored vehicles appear to be the most survivable as shots either fail to fuse or pass through or something