Video Thread

DemolitionMan

7 hours ago, daskal said:

Been reported that this site was used by both sides. If one looks very close it becomes clear that there are AFV's from both sides. And there is vehs used by only one side. BMPs in line formation as seen is the result of def positions held facing outwards. There is a vid of this area and what took place in great detail, indicating AFV types, and who did what/ when to gain the crossing.

This was confusing as both sides used, crossed, shelled, recaptured the crossing site. Some time last week when it was finally put out of operation did we find out the true story. 

1 hour ago, 12Alfa said:

Been reported that this site was used by both sides. If one looks very close it becomes clear that there are AFV's from both sides. And there is vehs used by only one side. BMPs in line formation as seen is the result of def positions held facing outwards. There is a vid of this area and what took place in great detail, indicating AFV types, and who did what/ when to gain the crossing.

This was confusing as both sides used, crossed, shelled, recaptured the crossing site. Some time last week when it was finally put out of operation did we find out the true story. 

Do you have a link to that video?

On 5/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, daskal said:

Do you have a link to that video?

Could not find the original vid, but this one has the same conclusion that, (speculation on my part) 

Most likely the 74 Guards Motor Rifle Bde, and 35 MR Bde, due to the only 2 units in RU forces still using the BMP-1 still.

End result-18 T-72

33 BMP-1 (5X BMP-1AM ,2kia)

5 BMP-2

13 unknown AFV (mostly BMP)

5 MTLB 

1 BMD-2

2 BTR-D

2 BREM-1

1 PTS-3

9 PMP trucks

1 truck

2 BMK 460 boats

ODD Facts:

A.T-72X4 driven into water all facing same direction in a close line, retreating with barrel over rear???? (intentional disabling of the tanks so they couldn’t be captured)???

B.No kia in area

C. 2x crossings same loc, same equipment.

Must be noted that the appearance of so many BMP-1s , may be due to both sides using captured AFVs, how ever 30+ BMP-1 is still "Odd"

Unit later in the week units did cross and moved further .

Hope this helps.

• Members

From what I read, the Ukrainian defenders floated mines down the river into the pontoon crossing, rather than destroy it with artillery. That might explain how there's seemingly four tanks "driven into the water" (maybe they were above the water originally). And then other vehicles that were about to cross bunched up at the blown bridge, more vehicles bunching up, then comes the artillery, maybe someone tried to tow vehicles out of the water, ...

I suppose, the survivors learned that dense clustering at a crossing site known to the defender is bad, bad, bad. How they came to the conclusion that trying it one more time at the same location escapes me.

... maybe, "They will never suspect this!"

There is a vid of the arty strike where a crew can be seen jumping off a BMP as the rounds impact.

As for the second time, it has been suggested that it was from the return to the original side.

Also put forward they originally crossed, then waited for the 2nd group to get across , but they failed, and it went pear shape from there, and most troops escaped.

There is another vid of the UKA looking at the site days later also.

We may not know what happened till this is over, or someone there explains the event.

It is odd the amount of BMP-1's, and the 4 tanks in waters edge in formation. This "may" have been a DPR unit event.

1 hour ago, mpow66m said:

Floating mines down the river,thats pretty smart.is that taught or improv?

From the vids published it was a arty strike as reported by both sides. UA has bragged about their arty vid on site.

I would think that the river at this crossing point is not deep enough, as seen by T-72 tops showing.

I believe the mines are sub surface as not to be seen.

Open to any evidence to say otherwise.