Video Thread

DemolitionMan

On 6/20/2022 at 1:44 PM, 12Alfa said:

T-80BV , T62M

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FY56iubxosOT/

https://rumble.com/v195crk-a-train-of-t-80bv-tanks-arrived-in-lugansk-peoples-republic.html

Disclaimer: All posts are intended to inform, educate, entertainment purpose only. If viewed as political (wrong think), just scroll down please.

https://rumble.com/v199h8a-ossetian-volunteer-battalion-alania-has-been-reinforced-with-t-62-tanks.html

Omsktransmash, a subsidiary of Rostec Corporation, delivered T-80BVM tanks, an upgraded version of the T-80BV main battle tank, to the Russian Army in December 2019. The company also developed the T-80BVM, an advanced version of the T-80 family. The Ukrainian armed forces captured six T-80BVM tanks near Kharkiv, Ukraine during the Russia-Ukraine conflict in March 2022

The T-80U carries the 9M119 Refleks (Nato designation AT-11 Sniper) anti-tank guided missile system, which is fired from the main gun. The range of the missile is 100m to 4,000m. The system is intended to engage tanks fitted with explosive reactive armour (ERA), as well as low-flying air targets such as helicopters, at a range of up to 5km. The missile system fires either the 9M119 or 9M119M missiles, which have semi-automatic laser beamriding guidance.

Soon we shall use this system, or very close in the new update :)

The T-80U’s gas turbine engine is the GTD-1250, which produces 920kW (1,250hp).The maximum speed of the vehicle on road is 70km/h and across country is 48km/h

T-80BVM version features 125mm cannons and an improved 1,250hp gas turbine engine. Reinforced with slat armour and a modular active protection system, the upgraded tank is mounted with a multi-channel gunner sight, a vision device for the mechanic driver, and an armament stabiliser.

Is this a "Breakout tank" as some have put forward (direct pun)..?

Edited by 12Alfa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks!

Carpenter ... He made good films on tiny budgets, not so good ones with bigger budgets. But yeah, his Thing adaptation was excellent. This recreation misses the more subtle point of Carpenter's Thing ending, that one of the two guys is still infected, and the remaining human wants to see it freeze to death. I'll let you figure out which is which.

32 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Thanks!

Carpenter ... He made good films on tiny budgets, not so good ones with bigger budgets. But yeah, his Thing adaptation was excellent. This recreation misses the more subtle point of Carpenter's Thing ending, that one of the two guys is still infected, and the remaining human wants to see it freeze to death. I'll let you figure out which is which.

{xxxxxx} is infected- if carpenter follows the continuity of his own logic in the film. in the final scene, look to see which character has inexplicably changed clothes-  which is what the film shows explicitly time and again when a character is infected as their clothing was shredded and destroyed. there are "random" shots of the cloak room insinuated in the film that seem to be pointing the audience in this direction- each station member has their own set of clothing, and the audience can see which sets are missing or present. these shots can rather go own unnoticed the way they are interspersed, and often this explanation is lost on people when you discuss this subtle tactic by the director. in my experience, a lot of people don't realize just how deliberate and purposeful things placed in a scene can be and they dismiss it as conjecture

Edited by Captain_Colossus

21 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Thanks!

They're both infected.

20 hours ago, Captain_Colossus said:

{xxxxxx} is infected- if carpenter follows the continuity of his own logic in the film. in the final scene, look to see which character has inexplicably changed clothes-  which is what the film shows explicitly time and again when a character is infected as their clothing was shredded and destroyed. there are "random" shots of the cloak room insinuated in the film that seem to be pointing the audience in this direction- each station member has their own set of clothing, and the audience can see which sets are missing or present. these shots can rather go own unnoticed the way they are interspersed, and often this explanation is lost on people when you discuss this subtle tactic by the director. in my experience, a lot of people don't realize just how deliberate and purposeful things placed in a scene can be and they dismiss it as conjecture

Personally I'd advocate nuking the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

Edited by Hedgehog

8 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

They're both infected.

Personally I'd advocate nuking the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

carpenter makes it ambiguous- this is of course deliberate.

they're both infected

one is infected, or

neither is infected. 

if they were both infected it makes little sense that they would dance around the subject and act suspiciously with one another. why the sizing one another up? the things have won by this point. "no one left to kill it" there is no tension in that outcome.

i also think macready handing childs the bottle is a conscious reference to the chess program beating macready earlier in the story- macready hands a drink so to speak to the machine which beat him at chess- that is to say, childs and macready are opponents. throughout the entire film, childs is the most paranoid and mistrusting of everyone else and in particular he does not like macready. the relatively calm disposition by this point is out of character for childs (this is my speculation, carpenter may or not be alluding to anything here).

i think the story probably is more logical if neither is infected or one is infected. in either case you have a mexican standoff at the end of the film, as they try to sort one another out. you do not really have that if they are both infected, essentially that is the end of the drama in that case