Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Xt-pWFm7jJE

The T90MS.

The deal to procure 100 Leopard 2A6 from the Dutch government fell through so it looks like my country is getting Leopard from Germany instead. Now the funny thing is it now seems to be a 40 ton Leopard which directly points to Leopard 1 :decu: instead Leopard 2 much less Leopard 2A6.

Why on earth would they agree to buying Leopard 1??

There's technology transfer deal with the procurement so I guess it would mean some may be produced locally or produced under license.

But the gun on Leopard 1 is now severely lacking in penetration power especially if you have to deal with Singapore's Leopard 2A4 or Malaysia's Twardy PT-91 (upgraded T-72) and it's lacking in protection too. Equipping tankers with ineffective weapon system is like sending them to death for nothing....

Buying T-90 from Russia or this T-90MS would be more reasonable and made sense :decu:. I am sooo mad for the money wasted buying these craps.....

This reminds me of the archaic films they used to show us in school. Fast forward to 17 mins for the more interesting part.

A very enjoyable clip.

I always liked the T-62.the soviets did some pretty good upgrades even fitting reactive Armour. I also read that the T-72 lost its turret far more often the the 62 in the gulf war

It would be very entertaining if SB modelled playable versions of the M60a1 and T-62

Below one of the many upgrades offered to export customers. No match for a M1A1

But would give some of the older western tanks a run for there money.

t62-2l.jpg.53101b47820023147fcdfed186a90

imagesCAZ67GZX.jpg.2d38376062328558302cf

t62-2l.jpg.53101b47820023147fcdfed186a90

imagesCAZ67GZX.jpg.2d38376062328558302cf

The morons seem to be very happy about shooting at there own people.

Well yes but that is the nature of an internal battle / unrest.

It was true the the 1860s between the North and the South in the US (hence why it is still the battle with the highest US casualties - since they all were).

And who do you think the Provisional IRA / RUC were shooting at / blowing up? **

[Edit] Note ** That is not meant as religious / political comment.

Just to point out that neighbour killing neighbour is not limited to the Middle East.

I agree with what Gibson is saying.

Can anyone get an ID on the tank? M1 or S? If it is the T-72S then those are Guards, likely fighting in or near Damascus or possibly attached to the forces at the siege of Aleppo. This means that they "believe in the mission" and are likely Alawi themselves. So to them, those that they are shooting at are Salafi terrorists funded and supported by the Saudis and others who would seek to put them in their "rightful" place as hicks in the fields of Latakia province to be exploited when possible by the Sunni majority.

I had a similar experience once back in the mid-70s. I was driving the only vehicle in either direction on the expressway for about two or three miles in front and in back. I was just cruising along. Off in the distance to my right I noticed a pair of fighter jets flying low over some wooded hills parallel to the road about five miles away.

The next thing I knew I heard this thunderous roar pass right over my head that startled me and saw those two jets tearing along at very low altitude off to my left going away from me. Apparently they must have thought I made a good simulated strafing target.

They didn't overfly me quite as low as that Russian jet, but it was low enough and loud enough for me.

Yeah, it'll get your attention. I remember when I was just a boy, a friend and I would sometimes hear a low rumble in the distance. We would race our bikes to the wooded cul-de-sac at the end of the lane and, if we were lucky, a C-17 would pass directly over our heads at treetop level. (About 40ft. or 12m) Granted, they weren't flying that fast, but they sure were loud...and big!

Guest Killjoy

Tornado GR.4s used to be a regular visitor around where I live.

Since my Local RAF station got shut down, there's only Lynx and Gazelle Helicopters.