Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Guest theGUNSLINGER

strange they sat there for a while like they were in shock then retreated is it possible they were to confused as to were the fire was originating from

Guest Killjoy
In this video, skip to 1:17 as the EO guided bomb heads toward a Hamas firing position, the look on the man's face as he realizes that the bomb is heading for him is priceless.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4e2_1353285011

Hedge, I think that's classified as:

1-W1SDA6g_c

:)

...and the latest entry for Afghan-Idol is in:

02E6c5gCQL4

Gentlemen, I give you Garry Abdulah-Osama-Alzawari Barlow

Love or hate world of tanks

You have to give them credit where its due.

They are spending serious amounts of cash to promote there product

Watching the video i said to my self what a bunch of sell outs

I have bought books published by three of them. and here they are basically

Promoting what in my opinion is a Arcade game. as a tank Sim

But then i remembered what sparked my interest in Armour.

It was a Sega mega drive tank game.from there i moved on to better and more realistic tank Sims

And eventually finding SB.so in retrospect they are doing a service to armoured warfare

Enthusiasts.because if even a minuscule amount of WOT player develop a interest

In real armoured tactics it can only be a good thing for the SB community.

1) They did not sell out. In fact, they weren't paid anything at all except expenses. They came along for, mainly, three reasons.

a) It was an opportunity for them to reach a wider audience, and speak to more people than ordinarily read their books.

b) They got to meet each other, a rare event. They spent most of the time comparing notes, and bettering their own knowledge is good for the tank community as a whole.

c) They thought it might be... (gasp)... Fun!

And it was, they all enjoyed themselves immensely.

so in retrospect they are doing a service to armoured warfare Enthusiasts

This was the philosophy when that meeting was set up, and also the "Inside the Hatch" videos. You will notice that almost nothing in either series of videos references the game. The subjects are purely the real tanks. The idea is to be informative and accurate firstly and foremostly. They are videos of interest to people who do not play the game, and may never wish to play the game. They engender more 'tank interest', and better yet, of a quality higher than you'll get on The Military Channel (Or wherever). And for WoT's purposes, they increase brand awareness.

It's a win-win for WoT and tank enthusiasts both. Even if they did 'sell out' (as I said, they didn't, but let's say they did), what's the problem? They didn't advocate anything other than real-world history of the quality they are known for. You are letting your cynicism get the better of yourself.

I had no idea the video was already posted as part of a '1st December thread' elsewhere in the forums - I certainly hadn't seen it, and I couldn't find it in the Video Thread either. I came across the clip while browsing Youtube.

Not sure why dave1978 linked it again directly after my post though. ;)

1) Even if they did 'sell out' (as I said, they didn't, but let's say they did), what's the problem? They didn't advocate anything other than real-world history of the quality they are known for. You are letting your cynicism get the better of yourself.

Well, Marko said that this was his reaction when he first saw the video. But I think his later comments indicate that he revised his opinion later.

Grenny, do notice the rifle sling is wrapper around that metal thingy pointing upwards (guess the original german thing for ze flashing light seen in Eisenschwein's images?), and even if the tank would roll over, the rifle would still be there.

The reason we use the rifle like that is the terrain we got... The loader's MG is nice, but not good for quick close up engagements, or useless if the belt runs out. And when the need arises, there's no time to go inside the tank to get the rifle. Just unwrap the sling and you're good to go!

I use my rifle the same way in my command CV9030. In simulation (SAAB BT = MILES for the US dudes) exercises, the rifle (with laser emitter) has been handy in countles close up situation! Fire the rifle first to force the pesky AT gunner (trying to take a flank shot) to take cover, then traverse the turret and "remove" the threat with some 30mm loving. Works every time.