Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Grenny, do notice the rifle sling is wrapper around that metal thingy pointing upwards (guess the original german thing for ze flashing light seen in Eisenschwein's images?), and even if the tank would roll over, the rifle would still be there.

The reason we use the rifle like that is the terrain we got... The loader's MG is nice, but not good for quick close up engagements, or useless if the belt runs out. And when the need arises, there's no time to go inside the tank to get the rifle. Just unwrap the sling and you're good to go!

I use my rifle the same way in my command CV9030. In simulation (SAAB BT = MILES for the US dudes) exercises, the rifle (with laser emitter) has been handy in countles close up situation! Fire the rifle first to force the pesky AT gunner (trying to take a flank shot) to take cover, then traverse the turret and "remove" the threat with some 30mm loving. Works every time.

You know, there is some logic to that.......

But surely if the Cmd track needs to defend itself, you're doing it wrong?

:biggrin:

(Mental note, keep an eye on Zip's wagon next Saturday)

Grenny, do notice the rifle sling is wrapper around that metal thingy pointing upwards (guess the original german thing for ze flashing light seen in Eisenschwein's images?), and even if the tank would roll over, the rifle would still be there.

The reason we use the rifle like that is the terrain we got... The loader's MG is nice, but not good for quick close up engagements, or useless if the belt runs out. And when the need arises, there's no time to go inside the tank to get the rifle. Just unwrap the sling and you're good to go!

I use my rifle the same way in my command CV9030. In simulation (SAAB BT = MILES for the US dudes) exercises, the rifle (with laser emitter) has been handy in countles close up situation! Fire the rifle first to force the pesky AT gunner (trying to take a flank shot) to take cover, then traverse the turret and "remove" the threat with some 30mm loving. Works every time.

In situations where things like this could happen...I usually gave my track to my Sgt and dissmounted. No need to suppress the AT team, when they'll never get to see your IFV. Guess my dissmounts where better then your's :-P

(just mocking a little ;-) , of course you're right here, had a MP-2 strapped at the turret too)

A very interesting interview to a WWII American Tank Platoon leader that participated in the Battle of Bulge and the capture of the Remagen Bridge.

I was impressed by the clarity of speech and memories for a gentleman of 97 years old.

Very interesting 1 hour 10 minutes interview.

s6EXt-_NyRE

A very interesting interview to a WWII American Tank Platoon leader that participated in the Battle of Bulge and the capture of the Remagen Bridge.

I was impressed by the clarity of speech and memories for a gentleman of 97 years old.

Very interesting 1 hour 10 minutes interview.

s6EXt-_NyRE

Hell, even without the memory and speech, I should look so good at 97.

Oh I love that sim. Played it for hours and hours and still would if they'd update it and allow it to be viewed with widescreen format. Everything looks so stretched on my widescreen monitor. Graphics were much to begin with but gameplay was superb. I consider the games mission editor to be right up there with SBPE.