Video Thread

DemolitionMan

You say that in Jest Killjoy, but the funny thing is, they would probably win at the moment.

I'm not sure I'm reading you right, are you saying the Argentinians would win if they tried to take the Falklands again?

That's simply not true. Back in 1982 there was nothing but a handful of British Marines down there, today the defences are much stronger, and the Argentinian military is weaker.

I'm not sure I'm reading you right, are you saying the Argentinians would win if they tried to take the Falklands again?

That's simply not true. Back in 1982 there was nothing but a handful of British Marines down there, today the defences are much stronger, and the Argentinian military is weaker.

True but the UK was able to muster together a fleet with Aircraft carriers.

Currently the UK does not have that capacity.

There building a super carrier but it will take years if its ever built at all.

The buzz word in the UK is budget cuts. And the military is baring the brunt.

There is a substantial military presence on the Ireland fighters and gunships.

But i don't know how the they would resupply them if the conflict ever starts again.

The military is a breaking point according to the media.

Over committed.

I just thought it was a cool video. :biggrin:

Anyway, I doubt the UK would have anything to worry about.

True, but I think if the Argentinians committed everything the UK would need to call in a lot of favours to get the kit we need to reconquer the islands (If they fell again) and to fight on a scale like 1982 again.

1982 was the largest All British deployment since WW2.

And this was at the height of the cold war remember.

30 years of (On and off) Tory government have taken a severe toll on MOD capabilities.

True but the UK was able to muster together a fleet with Aircraft carriers.

Currently the UK does not have that capacity.

There building a super carrier but it will take years if its ever built at all.

The buzz word in the UK is budget cuts. And the military is baring the brunt.

There is a substantial military presence on the Ireland fighters and gunships.

But i don't know how the they would resupply them if the conflict ever starts again.

The military is a breaking point according to the media.

Over committed.

The first thing the current government did was look into cancelling the "Queen Elizabeth" Carriers. They said it would cost too much to cancel the programme, so now both will be built "To project British jobs" as the government spun it. Which is a load of F**King bollocks. They are all bean counters, incompetent ones at that. (Not as incompetent as say Greece or Cyprus, small mercies). Anyway I digress, so, yeah, 2 will be built but one will be retired/scrapped (Whichever puts more money into Osborne's pocket) as soon as the other comes into service.

And don't get me started on the JSF.

Good thing for the navy is that the Type 45s were well into being built & commissioned when the new government was elected.

So we now have six of those and they swat aircraft out of the sky like flies, would have been a very different story in 1982 if they were around then. :navy:

But Marko is right we have prepositioned gear on the islands and all we need to do is "Fly in the Bodies" but it is 6000 odd miles away.

Interesting IED incident, using an RC toy car with explosive to safely detonate what's in the cart.

You'll notice the donkey on the opposite side of the road on the left when the cart when goes off, he falls to the ground, but later can be seen with the U.S. troops by their vehicles.

The multiple secondaries pretty much let you know there was other weapons in the cart.

Guest Killjoy
"Gunner, Fraaag."

"We are outa' Frag Sir"

"ANYTHING!"

skROzfoKato

Disabled by Sony Pictures.

I really like that movie.. Shame. :(