Video Thread

DemolitionMan

From Dirk Rijmenants' Weblog:

Cold War is an excellent and most comprehensive documentary series about the Cold War. From the roots of the Cold War to the fall of the Berlin Wall. It's all explained in detail in twenty-four 45 minutes episodes or 18 hours of twentieth century history.

To give a list of important events, featured in the documentary, would take far too long. Instead, I will provide a link to each of the episodes (Youtube) so that you can decide whether to view them all or jump directly to a Cold War period of your interest. Highly recommended!

Apparently, the entire series is available for viewing on YouTube.

Battle of Mogadishu - aka "Battle of the Black Sea" - just got this DVD/Blue-Ray combo. Its an excellent material for anyone interest in the events of Black Hawk Down, from one of the Delta Operators perspective:

-OlQcKBqpKU

Nice video, good explanation, even better gunnery!

Just FYI though: firing a round is not really the only way for it to leave the barrel, it's just how it goes 99.9% of the time. If you hop into the commander's seat (and I realize you can't at the range) and double tap the key for a different round, the loader will remove the current round from the breach and load the new type.

This is inherently dangerous and time consuming during an engagement, though. Which is why it's rarely (if ever) done. Only when you absolutely, positively have to do it. :)

Yes, I think "overkill" is an understatement in this instance. I did wonder about their ROE too; none?

The Russians dont usually treat pirates to well.Ive seen vids like this with them still on the watercraft,search utube.