Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Missed the targets but knocked out the cameras. :cul:

Not for nothing is artillery known as The Queer of the Battlefield.

anything within 30m of that house, counts as a hit :-)

And they scored a direct hit on one of the howitzers!! Cool

''Not for nothing is artillery known as The Queer of the Battlefield''

why the disrespect of the Artillery by calling them Queers?Esp. this time of the year in the US,unless it was a mispelling or i missed something.:confused:

''Not for nothing is artillery known as The Queer of the Battlefield''

why the disrespect of the Artillery by calling them Queers?Esp. this time of the year in the US,unless it was a mispelling or i missed something.:confused:

It was intended as a joke. On reflection, not a very good one. Unaware that this time of the year is of any special relevance to the Artillery, but if I have caused offence it was unintentional - and I apologise. No serious disrespect intended to those of the homosexual persuasion either.

It was intended as a joke. On reflection, not a very good one. Unaware that this time of the year is of any special relevance to the Artillery, but if I have caused offence it was unintentional - and I apologise. No serious disrespect intended to those of the homosexual persuasion either.

LOL,thats ok,i guess my humor meter was off.lol.

The Sirius Patrol (Denmark) Recruitment Video

These guys are either awesome...or insane. Either way, I wouldn't cross them.

Slædepatruljen Sirius (Sirius Sledge Patrol) or informally Siriuspatruljen (Sirius Patrol) is a unique elite Danish navy unit that conducts long-range reconnaissance patrolling, and enforces Danish sovereignty in the arctic wilderness of Northern, and Eastern Greenland, an area that includes the largest national park in the world. Patrolling is usually done in pairs, sometimes for 4 months often without additional human contact.

That's an interesting clip, but even better is the sound, the noise

of the shrapnel whizzing about is quite chilling.

That clip brings back memories. I have first hand experience sitting under 122mm HE shelling...not pleasant in the least.

Appears that the T72 turret was facing the direction where the missile was launched and I was wondering why it just sat there. Then I realized that flare can't be seen from the business end. Not that the tank could've dodged the missile to begin with but dang.

There's something chilling (as it should be) about these kinds of footage from Syria where tanks are blowing up just seconds before watching them move (proof that they have living, breathing humans in them). A sharp contrast to the stationary vehicles that I've seen blown up over and over on the Military channel.

Thanks for sharing the clip.

There's something chilling (as it should be) about these kinds of footage from Syria where tanks are blowing up just seconds before watching them move (proof that they have living, breathing humans in them). A sharp contrast to the stationary vehicles that I've seen blown up over and over on the Military channel.

Just a reminder, those living breathing humans are all doing their best to inflict severe harm to each other.

Oh the "Allah's Snackbars!" ?

Yeah.

They aren't the most tactically astute people are they?

The whole situation is a mess.

Still it is probably cheaper to let them burn themselves out/kill each other off, rather than try and address and attempt to resolve the civil war issue.

That's why we are only "Providing aid" no money to be made otherwise.

It is sad, that the human race is predominated by money seeking....

I remember seeing lots of pics from Chechnya.

Of burned out T-72/T-80's with ERA covering the area that seemed to have been penetrated

By RPG's.or ATGM's And thinking that ERA must be ineffective.I know the Chechen's had the Latest Russian RPG's and ATGM's. I also read some of the Russian tanks had the plates fitted but the Explosives Were not sandwiched between them. It would be interesting to know what Type Of RPG's/ATGM's the FSA are using

I have read they are getting some series amount of Weapons From Saudi and other Arab states.

I remember seeing lots of pics from Chechnya.

Of burned out T-72/T-80's with ERA covering the area that seemed to have been penetrated

By RPG's.or ATGM's And thinking that ERA must be ineffective.I know the Chechen's had the Latest Russian RPG's and ATGM's. I also read some of the Russian tanks had the plates fitted but the Explosives Were not sandwiched between them. It would be interesting to know what Type Of RPG's/ATGM's the FSA are using

I have read they are getting some series amount of Weapons From Saudi and other Arab states.

Well they are reported to be using Konkurs ATGM

(Which is NATO designated: AT-4 I believe)

Are the orders being given on the side of micro-management or is this typical of mech warfare?

I'm glad this one has subtitles, btw.

Well I think they are trained by Russian "Advisors"

But in 1st MSGB (Soviet VU) we tend to have a bit more autonomy.

And the guys in that video seemed awfully "green" or they haven't be briefed on the concept of the operation.

The guys in the vid are among the best that the SAA have. They are professional troops, consider them the Syrian equivalent of Iraqi Republican Guards. Hence their use of T-72M1Ms and BMP-2s. This probably also explains why they were chosen for ANNA to have access to them. IIRC these guys were based near the Golan.

Marko

I have seen the insurgents with M-16s and other Western gear, along with RPG-29s or M79s. The groups with those are Salafi, which receive backing from the Saudis and other GCC states which are themselves conservative and Sunni.

Oh the "Allah's Snackbars!" ?

Yeah.

They aren't the most tactically astute people are they?

The whole situation is a mess.

Still it is probably cheaper to let them burn themselves out/kill each other off, rather than try and address and attempt to resolve the civil war issue.

That's why we are only "Providing aid" no money to be made otherwise.

It is sad, that the human race is predominated by money seeking....

Shouldn't even be giving them money. History shows that the only way a civil war is ever truly resolved is to let the combatants duke it out until there is a clear winner and a clear loser.