Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Ok, true, I forgot that they reverse into battle so they can take off, but the whole "don't bother pointing the FRONT of the tank at the enemy" thing kinda gets me.

If like in the T-55 an RPG can kill you from all directions, pointing the front doesn't make too much difference...scooting away a bit faster might.

Ok, true, I forgot that they reverse into battle so they can take off, but the whole "don't bother pointing the FRONT of the tank at the enemy" thing kinda gets me.
If like in the T-55 an RPG can kill you from all directions, pointing the front doesn't make too much difference...scooting away a bit faster might.

I concur with Grenny.

They are using the the T-55 as an Assualt Gun/Tank Destroyer role.

You'd probably want to do this with an M1AX too in urban terrain.

Fire then skedaddle ASAP.

If they can't draw an LOS to you, they can't reliably shoot you.

(Tanks stick to roads in urban areas, because Anti Tank ditches tend to hide underneath buildings, but they are generally called "Basements")

Guest Killjoy
Good background video of things taking place in Kiev, Ukraine ATM. Inside Independence Square.

7eTuFAR169s

At the risk of starting a flame war, I have no sympathy for those Protesters now. Infact, I think they've brought this on themselves.

Throwing Hand grenades, Nail bombs, Bricks, Roofing slates, Petrol bombs and shooting at the Police, and then crying "Oh! Oppression! We're being Oppressed!" when they move in to move you is not going to get anyone on your side...

...apart from the American Government and the EU, who seem content with backing extremist groups of late.

Guest Killjoy
Get your chance to re write "history" in the upcoming "Rolling Thunder: Operation Rising Bear" :)

See? I can do advertising! :bigsmile:

I take payment in Sterling ;)

Guest Killjoy
I know it's awful, regarding the context, but when you said this:

I immediately thought of this:

smiley_abused.gif

Exactly what I was thinking when I was typing. :)

Sea Harrier doing her thing:

Yf-t3gFA9JI