Video Thread

DemolitionMan

No kidding. What's your alternative then?

none,people seem to think shooting someone in the leg is a humane way of doing things.when in fact wounding someone can be used to draw his fellows out in to the open ,then they become targets.from what i have heard that is happening there too.dont know if its true or not,but getting hit w/ a 7.62 x 54 anywhere isnt going to be pleasant.

Freedom is a messy bussiness.

I watched an episode of future weapons where

An American company was developing a none lethal riot control device I think it used some Type of Microwave technology.

The Shows presenter Mac a ex navy seal only lasted a couple of minutes when they demonstrated the device on him. He reckoned there was no way any human could take the Discomfort for any prolonged period .they could set the Device to cover a crowd or pick out A single guy.

He Was advised to clear his bowls before the test. LoL

There is another sonic device that puts out a highly directional sonic beam of such intensity that it is supposed to disable a person hunderds of yards away. I think it might be called the "LRAD". The Japanese whalers in the Antarctic installed some on their ships to fend off the anti-whaling group harassing their fleet. I saw it in use on the program called "Whale Wars".

"What people? To me, it beats the alternative."

My point being,if your going to shoot to wound then dont shoot at all w/ live rounds.use rubber or polymer bullets.but being that the protesters were also using live rounds its a 2 way street.I understand this is Ukraine and they probally dont have alot of officers who were trained in or have a large cache of LTL weapons.i dont know much about Ukraine,but i do hope they break the parsitic yoke of the Russian Govt which has in the past and will continue to leech off the decent people there and wish them well for their fight for freedom and to be free of oppression.

Ahh LRAD, they used them in my hometown for the G-20 summit in Pittsburgh.

Not our proudest moment I admit. Warning!!TURN YOUR SPEAKERS DOWN!!!

Field exercise using multiple LRAD's which stop the attackers.

PHO-09Sep23-179428.jpg

lrad.jpg

The high pitched warble or screech is the LRAD.

First time I saw it, and yes, in person, if they crank it up and direct it at you, it will make you stop what your doing. It could have been worse though.

But many countries don't have this kind of technology readily available.

To be honest, I'm not sure why they don't use the rubber bullets in the Ukraine, or the bean bag shotgun.

There's alternatives, it's painful to watch people being disabled with live rounds though.

Edited by Invader ZIM

Just how effective do you think those would have been when the protesters were using shields?

Effective enough esp when most protesters were shot from the flanks.like i said im not questioning whose right or wrong or the means to an end.the protesters gouged out the eye of an LEO,dont know how true it is,but if it is id shoot the scum too.im sure both sides have done some unpleasant things.a rubber or polymer bullet carrys quite a wallop in close quarters,many have been killed by them just look at the history of Ireland.as for the Police,is it the Police doing the shooting or a ''SF'' goon squad?both sides are shooting live ammo now so the point is moot.

the protesters have broken into several govt compounds and found files on the opposition media.That dont sound like a free govt to me.yes i know all govts do it to an extent.Russia is a leech and a parasite that feeds on the the smaller weak countries,drains them and turns them into a barren wasteland of desperation.the Russian people can do better,and i hope the Ukrainian people do,because if their current pres,who broke all his promises,stays in power theyll be just another 1970s soviet bloc stlye country.

Sometimes violence is the ultimate answer to brutality and corruption

I'm not going to go into any Manichean silliness here, I hope no one mistakes it as such.

From at least one video there are people who were shot in the head/neck area, or what would seem to be the body. So there was more than "shoot to stop" involved.

As regards the protests themselves, the country is a new one. politically there is a split along the pre-1939 borders. With the West being pro-EU and the rest being pro-Russia, with the Russian minority being Russophilic. The protests themselves consisted of Russophobic groups, including Svoboda which seems to have an issue with the "Muscovite-Jewish" conspiracy as they call it, what ever that is. That's not their only commonality with the Nazis it would seem (from what I hear they were a major player in the street fights during the protests). They weren't a majority in the protests as far as I'm aware, and they have 10% of the vote, but it is something that has to be mentioned considering they may gain power and influence in a new government.

For Russia a war trigger is their base at Sevastopol. It is quite possible that a new anti-Russian Ukrainian government may renege on the deal as regards Russian basing rights. The reason for it being a war trigger is that they have no other base that is ready along the Black Sea. Russia has a few options for dealing with a potentially hostile government, one would be that Russia would seek to split off Russian majority areas from the Ukraine. Another is that they will seek to get someone who is sympathetic to their interests in power.

Another consideration for Russia is the risk that such things may be attempted at home. The combination of these things implies to me that things are far from over, and that there is a risk of a great power confrontation. The Olympics are over so the Russians are no longer forced into inaction.

Guys, this is about as close as a discussion can get about political topics on this forum. It'd be nice if you could moderate your condemnations of either party (besides, it seems like the revolt (and with it, the shooting) is largely over).

No problem.But can we get a spot for this type of disscussion?.........mmmmeeehhhh on second thought never mind.would be to many problems.:clin:

Every time I hear an LRAD I think of those giant locusts in the 1950s SciFi B-movie "The Beginning of the End."

Holy crap Captain Thunder, you're right!! lol

How in the world did I ever miss seeing this movie!? It has everything a guy could want, giant killer insects, flame throwing tanks, wide scale mayhem, atom bombs, oh my!! It's hilarious!