Video Thread

DemolitionMan

Leopard 2 Docu from the same source as Grenny posted previously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPbWsGsN5i0&feature=related

I would have a question, from around 41:30 there is a brief scene showing upgrade to the 2A5 or maybe 2A6 version, and it looks like these variants use the same old turret model from the Leo2A4 and only an additional armour (which ultimately is changing the look of the turret as well) is added to it. You can see this at 42:02 - i always though that from 2A5 onwards thy have used a completely new turret and thats all?

Besides the added armour around the old turret doesn't appear to be as thick, and there is quite some empy space left inbetween the two layers.

Leopard 2 Docu from the same source as Grenny posted previously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPbWsGsN5i0&feature=related

I would have a question, from around 41:30 there is a brief scene showing upgrade to the 2A5 or maybe 2A6 version, and it looks like these variants use the same old turret model from the Leo2A4 and only an additional armour (which ultimately is changing the look of the turret as well) is added to it. You can see this at 42:02 - i always though that from 2A5 onwards thy have used a completely new turret and thats all?

Besides the added armour around the old turret doesn't appear to be as thick, and there is quite some empy space left inbetween the two layers.

Hi a very good doc.

I noticed a M113 with what seemed to be a bmp-1 turret.i was wondering if this was a Opfor vismod.