Greetings all... Newbie Mike here

MikeT57

I'm more of a flight sim kind of guy but figured what the heck, let's try some

tank action. I've tried DCS Combined Arms but it just doesn't do it for me so

I opted for the one year license PRO PE.

Greetings from the Buckeye State.. Hopefully any newbie questions I throw out there won't be too dumb.

Mike

:)

I'm more of a flight sim kind of guy but figured what the heck, let's try some

tank action. I've tried DCS Combined Arms but it just doesn't do it for me so

I opted for the one year license PRO PE.

Greetings from the Buckeye State.. Hopefully any newbie questions I throw out there won't be too dumb.

Mike

:)

Welcome! People here are usually very helpful in answering questions, but it is definitely appreciated if you read the manual and take the time to run through at least one set of vehicle tutorials.

Hopefully, once you get a hang of the basics, you'll join us online. IMO, that's the best way to experience the sim.

Hopefully, once you get a hang of the basics, you'll join us online. IMO, that's the best way to experience the sim.

Seconded. You can learn only so much from reading the docs, doing the tutorials and getting stuck in. Getting tips and tricks from experienced players online (some of whom are RL tankies) will shorten the learning curve enormously and make the game much more enjoyable. A good VU will welcome you, help out with training, and put you under the wing of competent player until you get some experience under your belt.

Welcome! I'm a DCS fan myself (actually I'm on the beta test team, so "fan" might be the wrong word!) and obviously DCS Combined Arms has a lot of limitations with the current graphics engine. Hopefully we'll see a lot of improvement as the product progresses, but I don't expect it will ever reach the level of Steel Beasts. So if you're interested in armor combat simulation, then you're in the right place!

Also, I must add that I heartily approve of your avatar, I was in 2AD (1/3 Avn) from 1990 to 1991. Although it was a relatively short time, I was lucky enough to earn the 2AD combat patch for Operation DS/DS right before they deactivated the division.

Welcome! I'm a DCS fan myself (actually I'm on the beta test team, so "fan" might be the wrong word!) and obviously DCS Combined Arms has a lot of limitations with the current graphics engine. Hopefully we'll see a lot of improvement as the product progresses, but I don't expect it will ever reach the level of Steel Beasts. So if you're interested in armor combat simulation, then you're in the right place!

Also, I must add that I heartily approve of your avatar, I was in 2AD (1/3 Avn) from 1990 to 1991. Although it was a relatively short time, I was lucky enough to earn the 2AD combat patch for Operation DS/DS right before they deactivated the division.

My father was in the 2nd during WW2, I use that avatar to honor him. Me, I was a career Navy man...30 years. What a grand time I had, been retired for about 8 years now.