Fury

daskal

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully the boys from Bovington didn't need to give her too much TLC between takes.

Just love the US film industry - if its not made in Hollywood it didn't exist.

"First film with a Tiger in it".

I'm sure the Germans had a whole bunch. But just in case newsreels / propaganda don't count ...

Then the Brits made "Theirs is the Glory" in 1946(?) with Pz III, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I and Tiger II (admittedly the Tiger II is a wreck - hadn't been removed from Arnhem yet).

Bugger me, a moving panther, I thought those things broke down every 5 mins?

Well given the 6 Pdr firing at it from about 20m, I suspect if wont be moving for long (in fact one of them, now knocked out, is shown later as the Paras head for the river and their "little" swim).

Edited by Gibsonm

LOL, Hollywood.

And I guess at the End this Firefly shoot the Tiger in the Back, LOL !

Don´t forget: All Germans are ugly, bad and stupid. All they can do is eating Sauerkraut and Bratwurst the whole day...

Don't forget our appetite for RULING ZE WORLD

• Moderators
Don´t forget: All Germans are ugly, bad and stupid. All they can do is eating Sauerkraut and Bratwurst the whole day...
Don't forget our appetite for RULING ZE WORLD

Well, it is a movie about the 1940s after all. ;)

Too bad the Tiger doesn't turn and just sits there waiting to be shot up the rear, though a flank shot from a Firefly would certainly do the trick anyway. :heu:

I Remember watching a documentary on WW2 tank combat.

With a WW2 tanker commenting on how you took on a tiger in a Sherman

One section of the platoon charged it head on firing smoke to try and blind it.

Or what ever they had available While the other section tried to flank it.

On average they lost three tanks to take out one Tiger.

The Brits took on the tiger in a similar way.

LOL, Hollywood.

Done already!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1eFePf6mWM

Anyway, here is the worst WW2 movie i have ever seen : "Company of heroes" where an american squad takes out the whole german army. Notice the "German" Panzer at 1.37

LOL, Hollywood.

Yes, and at the same time:

let me guess, and Tiger I was totally invulnerable to all allied weapons and always destroyed Sherman, right?

Sorry, but 76mm-gunned Sherman could kill a Tiger I from any angle, at any reasonable combat distance (1000+ meters with HVAP).

The very notion that such tricky maneuvering was even REQUIRED is itself a stupid Hollywood-ism, just as is the notion that Shermans were any more prone to burning than was the German counterparts; statistically, MkIVs burned just as easily as a Sherman, and were easier to perforate, to boot.

I'm in!

And the most killed Tigers on Western Front, were PzKpfw IV´s.

Yes, every tank was a Tiger. It's understandable because people in 40s had even less knowledge about tanks than people today. The Germans did the same thing with the KV-1 and crappy T-34.

Sorry, but 76mm-gunned Sherman could kill a Tiger I from any angle, at any reasonable combat distance (1000+ meters with HVAP).

I gotta call you out on this one. I'll even help you out and tell you that the average engagement range was 890 yds in the ETO during WW2. Go look at the numbers. HVAP was rare (only 1-2 rounds were carried during the Battle of the Bulge) and statistically insignificant.

I'm in!

Yes, every tank was a Tiger. It's understandable because people in 40s had even less knowledge about tanks than people today. The Germans did the same thing with the KV-1 and crappy T-34.

I gotta call you out on this one. I'll even help you out and tell you that the average engagement range was 890 yds in the ETO during WW2. Go look at the numbers. HVAP was rare (only 1-2 rounds were carried during the Battle of the Bulge) and statistically insignificant.

Plus firefly itself was quite rare on the battlefield (one in 5 shermans?)