West German Panzergrenadier Brigade Template

JohnO

Thanks Duke. I was hoping I didn't have to build it, but with this information I will build a template of the PzGrenBtl and post it so that other players don't have to reinvent the wheel every time. :bigsmile:

Well I have one ready, but thats a "Neues Heer" PzGrenBtl (so more 1998/99..ish)

If you need a helping Hand, here I am.

It is one of the oldest (former) Brigades of the Bundeswehr, with a interesting History.

So, if you need some.....

thanks, will be asking questions and will send email to you. Thanks for the help. At least I get to practice asking my wife questions about words in German.:)

Here is the first of the PzBrig21 template. What I build first is the PzBtl211 a mix Panzer Bataillon. Next after I work on my scenario will be the Panzergrenadierbataillon 212.

Attach is a sce file and a Excel spreadsheet showing the equipment. If there is any problems with it please let me know.

NOTE I removed the attachment and will make the changes to it an will repost an update file.

Edited by JohnO

Part 2:

First of all you must know, Bundeswehr in that Period use 2 OOB Models. V-StAN and F-StAN.

( V=Verteidigung= War and F=Frieden= Peace Times)

In the Pic above you can see the Man strength of the Units, here V-StAN

V 2/18/43/63 means: 2 Officers/18 NCO/43 Enlisted all in all 63 Man.

The so called "Einser" Bataillone, Battalions that Number ends with a One (your Example Panzerbataillon 211) have a F-StAN without the 1st Company and the other Companys where attached to the other Battalions of the Brigade.

For Example in Peace Times (F-StAN): 3rd Company PzBtl 211 was attached to PzBtl 213, 4th Company PzBtl 211 to PzBtl 214.

The OOB and Mixture of Tank and APC Types of this "Einser Bataillone" depends on what Type of Brigade they are attached to.

In a mechanized Infantry Brigade (Panzergrenadierbrigade) they have 2 mech. Infantry Companys and 1 Tank Company. Mostly the 2nd and 3rd Companys are mech. Infantry and the 4th is a Tank Company.

Example: 2nd and 3rd Co. PzGrenBtl 71 are mech. Infantry with Marder and the 4th Company is a Tank Co. with Leop 1.

In a Tank Brigade it´s the other Way round, 2nd Co. is a mech Infantry and 3rd and 4th are Tank Companys. So PzBtl 211 have 1 mech. Inf. and 2 Tank Companys.

The Tank Companys in a Tank Brigade are equipped with Leop 2A4, the Tank Company in the mech. Inf. Brigade are equipped with Leop 1 (mostly).

So you have to know what Type of Brigade is it I try to simulate...

here is a Link:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/4/4f/HStruk-IV_Feldheer_OrBat.svg/5500px-HStruk-IV_Feldheer_OrBat.svg.png

(I always start too cry like a 6 year old Girl when I take a look at it)

You will notice that all "Einser Bataillone" have a small Triangle down right in their tactical Sign, that means" Not fully equipped and manned", that`s the missing 1st Company.

Some of this Type Battalions are also not fully equipped with Tanks or APC´s.

Hopefully I can help you out and it´s interesting for the Others.