Rifled Guns Comment

lavictoireestlavie

"Teflon coat rounds reduces barrel wear, also rifled guns add accuracy on long range because the round spins and that is useful for stabilizing.

There is no lose in kinetic energy as well since it causes no drag in the barrel.

Forward energy + spinning energy creates a higher impact force, this concept is use in martial arts as well when turning your fist while hitting."

What do you guys think about this statement ?

"Teflon coat rounds reduces barrel wear, also rifled guns add accuracy on long range because the round spins and that is useful for stabilizing.

There is no lose in kinetic energy as well since it causes no drag in the barrel.

Forward energy + spinning energy creates a higher impact force, this concept is use in martial arts as well when turning your fist while hitting."

What do you guys think about this statement ?

Irrelevant for most tank rounds. Long rod penetrators can not be stabilized by spin. Heatrounds are less effective due to spin.

The "sum of spin+speed" energy thing is just plain wrong

• Members

While a higher spin rate MAY help with the accuracy of SOME projectile types, it is still but one of many factors that all contribute to your chances of hitting a target.

The absolute statement that "no" loss of kineric energy would occur because the barrel is "frictionless" is the form or exaggeration that is not helpful in engineering discussions.

Finally, the comparison of terminal ballistics with martial arts is so ludicrous that I won't even begin to discuss it.

My friends response:

"your so full of shit, another we the peasant BS i actually do martial arts.

And i actually hit ppl with that technique and it works, and by hitting it is in self defense.

Take a pressure pad, hit it now hit it will applying a spinning movement a simple test that shows impact.

If rifled barrels where so useless it would not be used at all.

The rifled barrel made by the brits is still in use to day and are being re purposed

And there is no 0 friction just less friction perhaps i did not explain it well enough.

0 friction can be achieved only in a anti higgs-boson field but that theory was only recently proven and no actual tech has been derived and are all purely theoretical.

SABOT is a piercing round and HEAT is a chemical round where the copper inside melts and injected under high pressure through the armor into the tank.

HEAT rounds do losing anything by spinning since there method of piercing is not the round high density core but the molten copper.

Rifling also used widely in sniper rifles and dates back to light infantry using special rifles, like Ezekiel Baker from London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezekiel_Baker

Barrel wear is when a harder object rubs against a softer object, the barrel is not made of tungsten or materials with the same density so it damages the barrel, teflon coating is a cheap way around that.

Propellant doing barrel erosion since when? it does not contain any acidic components" -_-

HEAT is a chemical round where the copper inside melts and injected under high pressure through the armor into the tank.

HEAT rounds do losing anything by spinning since there method of piercing is not the round high density core but the molten copper.

The copper doesn't melt, it enters into a state of superplasticity but is definitely not a liquid.

Also, spinning a HEAT round absolutely does adversely affect jet formation.

The copper doesn't melt, it enters into a state of superplasticity but is definitely not a liquid.

Also, spinning a HEAT round absolutely does adversely affect jet formation.

Yapp :-)

Anyway, as there is already stated a lack of knowledge in basic physics, and also a lack of understanding in martial ("punching") technics.

I would refuse to invest any effort in the fruitless try to enlight someone immune to learning.

(Don't know if lavictoireestlavie cited the guys reply correctly, but the 1st sentence was ""your so full of shit".)

Just tell him: "yeah, you're right." and let it be :-P

I feel dirty just by reading these "Enlightened" emails.

If i may say so, lavictoireestlavie, you don't need idiots like this in your life.

Of course that probably rules us out too.

:men_ani:

:biggrin:

Yeah , i know i dont need idiots like that in my life but it just annoys me to no end when questionable information is presented as fact. He really wasn't my friend :clin: