T80Rumble.wav

Captain_Thunder

I have the sound mod pack installed. I've been practicing using the "Tank Platoon in attack (M1A2(SEP), summer).sce" scenario. And at the end there is a counter attack by T80s. The problem, or , at least I think it is problem, is that those T80s sound like they are close to my position even though they are 1000m away. Jumping out to the F8 spot makes it even louder, of course. I would normally expect tanks at a distance to sound more attenuated and grow in sound as they got closer. The sound mod just presents a steady drone at a set volume regardless of the T80s distance from the player's position.

I mentioned on TeamSpeak and a few of use ran the mission, but for them they seemed to think it is normal, perhaps they are used to it, while I still feel that the T80 sound is still too "strong" for tanks that are 1000m out. I switched back to the default FX pack and those T80s sounds are more muted at a distance.

Several times I've sat in ambush for tanks I thought were right behind a building or ridge near my position, only to see nothing appear until many many minutes had passed. This makes determining how close the T80s are by sound alone very difficult if not impossible.

Only the sound mod pack T80Rumble.wav file seems to present the problem.

Hi Captain_Thunder

As discussed earlier. The "Sound Mod Pack" is a work in progress and is being constantly updated (when time allows). The particular file associated with the T80 is incorrect and should be removed.

The "Sound Mod Pack" is not for general release yet as it is not ready.

Regards