Repair damage equipment

JohnO

I'm building a scenario and using M2A2 (ODS) Engineer vehicle for the Engineers instead of M113s. The question I have is that I wont to damage the TOW missile launchers so that players wont use them as infantry fighting vehicle. If I go to the options for each vehicle and select damage missile launchers and a repair vehicle comes along side of it, how long will it take for it to get repair? And is there a way for the missile launcher to remain damage even if a repair vehicle is trying to repair it?

One last question, some one mention a while back the times it takes to repair certain equipment to a vehicle, does any one know what the times are for repairs.

Search.

Any damage given as "DAMAGE" is permanent, it cannot be repaired. The reason this is so is because it allows you to specify things like no thermals etc, and not have to worry about them being repaired in repaired areas during a mission.

If you want temporary damages that can be fixed in the scenario, use DAMAGE IF instead @ mission time > 0.

I've done some testing and here is the results:

repairtimes.jpg

My list is sorted after time it takes to repair, with Green being OK time in most scenarios, Yellow and Orange is on the time limits for average scenarios and Red is out of scope for average scenarios. I have attached a .rar file with the list in excel format for anyone who want to modify and sort the list their own way. (for example want the damage alphabetical, by what sub system it belongs to etc)

• Drift - Only found it on the Challenger 2 but when selected it doesn't show any damage in the damagelist

• WNA temp - Don't show any damage in the damagelist.

• Stab. - There seems to be two different stab damages. The one picked in the damage list needs REP asset and 60mins to fix. but I want to remember that the stab damage you get after a knock on the turret repairs by itself after 10-15mins or so?

/Kingtiger

Well, I did and ran for ten minutes and still repairing, but now that Tacbat posted a list that KT made it looks like the missile launcher will not be repair during a scenario. I also removed the missiles as well. So it looks like it will work as plan to keep players from using the engineer vehicle as a IFV. Thanks Tacbat.

Oh, I did do a search and instead of using the key word "Damage" for some reason I used the word "Repair" and didn't find much info. but after using the key word, I found the info that I needed. :o

Why not just give it no missiles?

As for repair times that varies with whatever is damaged.

AFAIK there is no exhaustive list.

Why not just break whatever it is and run a test to find out how long it takes to repair the component you are interested in.