Assistance with Limited time licence

Flash-Kiwi

Hi all,

After a very long hiatus from SB, have decided to get back into it. I purchased a one month limited time licence. After installing the Codemeter software and the latest SB, im getting an error that says i need to plug in my stick. I understand I don't need to do this for just a limited time licence.

When I initially attempted to activate the licence, I got an error message, but subsequently it appears that licence has been activated, yet im still getting the stick error as above.

When I run CMDust I get the following :

There are 1 CmContainers found

CmAct-License with serial number 32767-1339982977 and firmware version 1.18.

Specific CmContainer Data:

CmAct-License 32767-1339982977 --------------------------------------------------------------

Firmware Version: 1.18

BKI/UKI: 0x00 / 0x01

WARNING: This CmAct-License is not active.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Cam

Hi all,

Just an update, hopefully someone else will find this useful.

Spent a good amount of time this afternoon with ASID (via TS) trying to work around the issue. It seems that the licence has not deployed properly to my machine. ASID and I tested to ensure that SB was able to run on my machine (newish gaming rig) by using his licence.

ASID, if you want to elaborate on the testing we did, please add it below. May be useful for others to try.

The only option at this stage is to contact the team and request another licence.

Big thanks to ASID for spending his Saturday evening helping me out and Gibson for making contact.

Cheers,

Cam

ASID, if you want to elaborate on the testing we did, please add it below. May be useful for others to try.

From the information you provided, it seems that the license transfer onto your pc failed. You said you saw an "error" message at the time. We checked the Codemeter software on your pc for the license and there was no entry.

We then updated the Codemeter runtime to the latest version 5.20b here: http://codemeter.de/us/service/downloads.html. Still no license.

We then installed Hamachi (free version) available from here: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx . I loaned you a license. We tested Steel Beasts but it would not work as you did not have directx9 installed. Your OS is Windows 8.1 which does not have DirectX9. I gave you this link here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/files/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.

We rebooted and tried to launch SB. Success :luxhello:

Like i said you can continue using my license until the issue is resolved.

The only option at this stage is to contact the team and request another licence.

Esims has excellent support. I am sure they will try their best.

I did mention to you this morning, it was about 4a.m. lolol, that there is a VU called "BG ANZAC" that meets on Thursday. Their meeting time may suit you. There are other units such as "United operations (UO)" (MDF a.k.a. Paladinsix is the CO).

Glad to be of assistance

Regards

There are other units such as "United operations (UO)" (MDF a.k.a. Paladinsix is the CO).

Flash-Kiwi, the United Operations "Tactical Saturday" group meets on Saturdays (duh!) at 2100 GMT, over on the United Ops Teamspeak server. You can get a feel for what we're about here. (Actually, I just do the admin stuff for the weekly missions. We don't have a permanent CO.)

Hi guys, I am having the exact same problem. I bought the 1 month time limited licence a few hours ago and i had the same problem. it didnt install correctly. not it shows online that my licence is activated but the game does not start.

my time zone is +5:30 GMT

Please help