BEER

Crusty

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the only beer around growing up was Genny,Schlitz,Bud and Mich. and Schaffer.:icon_frown:

To be honest it was the same for me here in the UK, but I used to drink Cider

and Lager when I was younger, my liking of decent Ale started about fifteen years ago, thanks to meeting a certain member of these forums :)

I really believe that beer has never been better than it is today, there are so many good breweries producing so many different quality beers, we are living in the golden age of Ale :luxhello:

To be honest it was the same for me here in the UK, but I used to drink Cider

and Lager when I was younger, my liking of decent Ale started about fifteen years ago, thanks to meeting a certain member of these forums :)

I really believe that beer has never been better than it is today, there are so many good breweries producing so many different quality beers, we are living in the golden age of Ale :luxhello:

while i no longer drink,there def are an abundance of all kinds of beer today.:luxhello:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a six pack of Franziskaner Weissbier today.

Flasche_Franziskaner_Weissbier.jpg

Very mild. Not my favorite, but I like it. Come to think of it...I don't think I've found a beer I don't like yet. :biggrin:

It does smell a bit off to me, though. Kind of a musty smell...hard to describe.

EDIT: I looked up some reviews of this beer which describe the smell as a combination of cloves and banana. I'd have to agree with that. But that combination is just weird to me. Still tastes great, though. :drink:

Any one ever tried this one

Ytsx8qR.png

It was a little strong 15,3 % my father used to get a case of these for our x-mas Christmas lunch, even though they had that much alcohol they where quiet "round" in taste and with snaps your could get very tipsy fast :bigsmile:

That's stronger than most wines :eek: not exactly a session beer :bigsmile:

Picked up a six pack of this tonight:

DB_Danzig_zpsgd0ji4xy.jpeg

Brewed by Devil's Backbone Brewing Company in Lexington, VA - my home state. I like it a lot.

8%, relatively mild. Sort of a chocolate/coffee taste. Would definitely buy again.

Sounds good to me, theirs not many Porters I don't like :)

Very mild. Not my favorite, but I like it. Come to think of it...I don't think I've found a beer I don't like yet. :biggrin:

It does smell a bit off to me, though. Kind of a musty smell...hard to describe.

EDIT: I looked up some reviews of this beer which describe the smell as a combination of cloves and banana. I'd have to agree with that. But that combination is just weird to me. Still tastes great, though. :drink:

Sounds like a nice Wheat beer, apparently I can buy it here in the UK so I'll keep an eye oput for it.

Servus,

mix it with Coca Cola (50:50) and 1 Glas of Cherry Schnaps.

cheers

D u k e

I managed to get a bottle, agree with you it's ok but not the best Wheat Beer, probably won't bother with it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently had this beer from the Badger brewery, very nice and hoppy,

personally I like all the beers from Badger brewery, their beers are all different so there is a nice variety to choose from, quite possibly my favourite big brewery here in the UK, my only gripe is there are none of their pubs near me, they're mostly based in the west country, oh well that's another reason to go to the Tank Museum then :luxhello:

http://www.hall-woodhouse.co.uk/

badger-11.jpg

As usual with beer varieties the definition has become a little blurred over time,

Here's Wikipedia's take on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stout

I've had beers marketed as Porters that are far stronger than some Stouts so the definition of whether a beer is a Porter or a Stout would to some extent lie with the brewer.

Here we can get Guinness West Indies Porter which is a very nice dark porter at around 6%abv and the Guinness Special Export Stout is 8%abv rather than the 4.8% you get in the UK.

When I was in Brugge a couple of weeks ago I had a stout called Hercule after Hercule Poirot it was very nice and came in at 9%abv washed down the burger I had just a treat http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/635/1694/

• 4 weeks later...