11th ACR & 79th Tank Guards vehicle camo

Scrapper_511

Servus,

I think the best choice for the 11th ACR is this:

It`s in german but the pictures are very good.

cheers

D u k e

Yes, this is an excellent reference book and about the only one I've been able to find on the late Cold War 11th ACR. Unfortunately it's in German (which I'll need to get translated one day) but there are many excellent photos and order of battle diagrams that provide quite a bit of usable information for the scenario designer. If you're a fan of the 11th ACR (and let's face it, how many of us aren't?) it's worth the investment, even if you can't read German. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words!

Cool. Any suggestions for Russian paint of the same AO and era, PL?

Hi Scrapper_511

My copy of Concord's 'T-64 and T-80' by Zaloga indicates the three-tone (MERDC-style) camouflage only started to be applied to Soviet vehicles from 1988 so, if it's before that, the default dark green camouflage of Soviet vehicles in Steel Beasts is just fine. Even after 1988 there's plenty of photos of dark green vehicles on exercise so I'm not sure at what point the three-tone camouflage became ubiquitous.

Cheers

Hi Scrapper_511

My copy of Concord's 'T-64 and T-80' by Zaloga indicates the three-tone (MERDC-style) camouflage only started to be applied to Soviet vehicles from 1988 so, if it's before that, the default dark green camouflage of Soviet vehicles in Steel Beasts is just fine. Even after 1988 there's plenty of photos of dark green vehicles on exercise so I'm not sure at what point the three-tone camouflage became ubiquitous.

Cheers

Aloha ohe,

also from my point of information the GSSD (Group of Soviet Forces in Germany) experimented with different 3-tone camo schemes in the very late 80´s/early 90´s. In most cases, the olive drab scheme was still standard until the mid 90´s. Not before the Chechnya conflict you could see more Russian units with camouflage patterns (olive/sand/black or olive/grey/black) in large numbers.