Sashaying through

Poker

Hi All !!

Been a few years !

Thinking of reinstalling my SB 2 Pro ... but have no clue where to start on licensing etc... don't even know where my codemeter stick is ! LOL

May just decide on a totally fresh version 3 buy.

Anyway .. one question .. can the game now handle multiple joysticks/throttles, etc.. ?

I had a bear of a time trying to get my joy and throttle to both work when Pro first came out .. partly why I quit playing.

Anyway .. Enough of the questions.

Hello to all who remember me !

Poker

ex-Clan Gunn

ex-Geisterwolf

ex-ICP

ex-Partial storyteller of "The List" Chronicles.

Salute !

Brun, how are ya, dude ??

Thinking of doing just that .... once the Xmas crunch is over and I can regain a little cash flow. lol :)

Still no mortars, I see. :(

Gibson ... two separate USB conns ... Joy and Throttle.

If I could I'd also set up my rudders to drive/brake turn .... if I could ! :)

Still no mortars, I see. :(

Who said?

You can have man handled mortars (60 or 81mm) as well as 120s in the back of an APC.

Gibson ... two separate USB conns ... Joy and Throttle.

If I could I'd also set up my rudders to drive/brake turn .... if I could ! :)

Don't know, I bought a Saitek, found it was for right handers only and binned it.

I think you may have issues trying to work out which is the primary input device but perhaps a frustrated fly boy might be able to help you out.

• Members
Thinking of reinstalling my SB 2 Pro ... but have no clue where to start on licensing etc... don't even know where my codemeter stick is ! LOL

If you find it, all that you need is an upgrade license for $40.- in our web shop.

May just decide on a totally fresh version 3 buy.

You have two options, buying completely new with CodeMeter stick (the "classic" license) for $115.- or the time-limited one-year license for $39.50; the latter requires no CodeMeter stick but ties the license to the computer on which you activate/install it.

Anyway .. one question .. can the game now handle multiple joysticks/throttles, etc.. ?

Nope.

I had a bear of a time trying to get my joy and throttle to both work when Pro first came out .. partly why I quit playing.

Ever tried to just use mouse and keyboard?

AFAIK, only if the 'human interface devices' are made by CH Products. Their software allows you to combine as many devices as you like into a single 'virtual device' which is seen as a single physical joystick by SB. E.g I have a Fighter Stick, a Pro Throttle and a Throttle Quadrant (originally intended for multi engine aircraft) combined into a single device. But I don't know of any other joystick/throttle manufacturers who provide the same facility as the vast majority of games cope with multiple sticks without difficulty.

AFAIK, only if the 'human interface devices' are made by CH Products. Their software allows you to combine as many devices as you like into a single 'virtual device' which is seen as a single physical joystick by SB. E.g I have a Fighter Stick, a Pro Throttle and a Throttle Quadrant (originally intended for multi engine aircraft) combined into a single device. But I don't know of any other joystick/throttle manufacturers who provide the same facility as the vast majority of games cope with multiple sticks without difficulty.

I can hook up CH ... Is that the CH manager software ?

Never used it because I could always just plug/play any other games.

I'll give it a looksie and try it. Thanks ... totally forgot about that software.

Hiya Crusty, 12, Ssnake, Koen, Default.

Sweet on the mortars !! .......... Definitely gotta get back into this !

High Angle Hell, Death and Destruction !! 11C Huh !

I'll give it a looksie and try it. Thanks ... totally forgot about that software.

Hiya Crusty, 12, Ssnake, Koen, Default.

Sweet on the mortars !! .......... Definitely gotta get back into this !

High Angle Hell, Death and Destruction !! 11C Huh !

Hi Poker, good to see you around mate :)

I'll give it a looksie and try it. Thanks ... totally forgot about that software

That's the thingie. It also allows you to programme macros to any button, switch or hat.

That's very interesting as I'm sure I've read posts in the past that say this can't be done. Do you use some special technique?

None whatsoever. The only apparent issue is that if I bring up the Thrustmaster window while SB is running, it will crash SB. I've learned to become very careful in this regard. But as far as the controllers working, no problems.

None whatsoever. The only apparent issue is that if I bring up the Thrustmaster window while SB is running, it will crash SB. I've learned to become very careful in this regard. But as far as the controllers working, no problems.

Velly intellesting. Are they plugged into the computer with separate USB leads or does the throttle piggy back off the stick? (Or perhaps vice versa).

Velly intellesting. Are they plugged into the computer with separate USB leads or does the throttle piggy back off the stick? (Or perhaps vice versa).

Separate USB cables and plugs. That's different than the older Thrustmaster Falcon & F-22 Pro sticks and throttles (which used the joystick port on the video card, not USB). Not sure about the Cougar.

Unlike the Falcon/F-22 controllers, the Warthog doesn't appear to use writeable firmware to store game configurations. It's all done through software, and when you're running a particular config, there is a persistent dialog box open saying "Running script" or something like that. (That is the dialog that causes the SB crash if brought up while SB previously had the input focus).