Mission Editor - Weather

Jecobin

Hi All,

My father and I have recently bought Steel Beast pro. We are trying to make a mission with the mission editor, and we wanted to include some rain and snow. We've looked at the "Weather Control" dialog in the editor, and nothing we do seems to make it rain or snow including changing the precipitation intensity. We also checked the theme on the map we are using to check that the "Is Snow" and "Is Water" options were enabled.

Despite our best efforts, everything else works except the rain or snow. Can anyone help?

Regards,

John

Hi Jecobin,

Welcome.

Do you want snow falling - you wont see snow flakes falling but from memory the LOS and visibility checks are affected (might be wrong there - not much call for snow in Australian scenarios).

or

Snow on the ground - In the Mission Editor go to "Map", then "Replace theme" and pick a winter theme.

Hi Gibsonm,

Thank you for your reply.

We have already managed to get the snow on the ground with the theme editor, but we were hoping to add falling snow as well, do you mean we can't add falling snow or rain in scenario's yet?

Regards,

John

Hi Gibsonm,

Thank you for your reply.

We have already managed to get the snow on the ground with the theme editor, but we were hoping to add falling snow as well, do you mean we can't add falling snow or rain in scenario's yet?

John,

Well I thought:

you wont see snow flakes falling

Was pretty clear?

I'm pretty sure the effects (as opposed to the graphics) of snow falling are modeled.

But as I also said perhaps a Northern European can clarify that as I hardly ever need it where I am. :)