Centauro, some questions about systems

macieksoft

What is MRS? I can use toggle MRS and reticle for GPS changes, but what is it supposed to do? What is this reticle doing?

Is there any way to toggle between first and last return?

Can anyone explain exact symbology for the GPS range display?

In example OAF100L

I know that AF = sabot (HE = HEAT, HS = HESH and RO = ROMP = high explosive).

100 is a range in meters X10 so it means 1000 meters in this case.

But what is O at the beginning and what is L at the end?

I guess O may be for observation just like in TC peri? But what is L? I cannot find any info what L means.

• Members

MRS is a muzzle reference sensor - a mirror at the muzzle of the gun tube that can be used to detect barrel warp as a result of the thermal expansion of the metal bits and bieces (particularly the gun tube itself) tue to the hot propellant gases of every shot (and the friction between projectile and gun tube). It essentially reflects the reticule in the gunner's primary sight onto itself under ideal conditions. As the barrel bends during the heat-up (or cooling-down) process the deviation becomes apparent by seeing two overlapping reticules. Use the adjustment hotkeys to make them overlap again for optimal accuracy.

The release notes of version 2.640 explain the Centauro's instruments in more detail, they are still to be found on our Downloads page.

Thanks. Sorry for 2 thread it was not intentional i accidentally made 2 threads. Please remove the duplicate.

And how i should use this MRS? When i press hotkey it shows 2 reticles, whitch one should i use?

I do not think that bore-sighting and mrs-correction are modeled in the PE version of steelbeasts. So, no need to use it at all.

• Members
I do not think that bore-sighting and mrs-correction are modeled in the PE version of steelbeasts. So, no need to use it at all.

Actually, as far as I remember, it actually IS for the Centauro. It was meant to be added for other tanks with an MRS as well, but ... well, the usual story. Lack of time and opportunity. One day...

... As far as the actual procedure goes, you don't need to know which is which. You can only move one of the two, and in the end they need to line up. That's it.

Looks like we have simulation where civilian guys are not treated like idiots, and its good, someting opposite to DCS where realistic datalink, MA page and laser maverick was reserved for military customer...

And can you tell me how can i move those reticles? I know how to turn them on and off (its MRS button) but how can i make them align together? How to move them up and down?

but they are probably not allowed to

You are talking like Wagmatt who banned me for reveal of hes secret, MA page, laser MAV and other little nice things.

• Members
And can you tell me how can i move those reticles?

It'd been so long, I have forgotten about it. If it's not listed in the Centauro hotkey commands list I'd be as lost as you are, but given that is has no effect on the gunnery accuracy at the moment anyway this is probably not so dramatic. We'll fix it, and then we'll make sure to have the commands listed in the Controls dialog.

GAS?

Probably the same problem as with the CR2 GAS: not fully modeled.

But whole CR2 is not fully modeled, while Centauro is one of the most advanced vehicles in SB with working startup procedure and most buttons working too.

I would reather expect that real one do not have GAS HESH reticle, but i am not sure thats why i ask.

But whole CR2 is not fully modeled, while Centauro is one of the most advanced vehicles in SB with working startup procedure and most buttons working too.

I would reather expect that real one do not have GAS HESH reticle, but i am not sure thats why i ask.

The centauro model in sb only has maschine-gun stadia lines. Well how likely is that IRL to only have that while the main weapon is a 105 gun :-p

But then again, its an italian design , so who knows ;)