moving from xp to win7

Tusler

I want to move version 3.x from my XP computer to my Win 7 64 bit system.

I understand about the install and stuff.

My question is how do I or do I uninstall the codemeter license from the xp computer so I can install it on the Win 7 system.

I have read the release notes but am still confused so I thought it better to ask before I break everything.

Thanks

Tusler,

Do you have a permanent license (i.e. you have a USB dongle)?

Or do you have one of the time based licenses that doesn't require a dongle?

The one without a dongle is more complicated to transfer between machines as it is not just a case of moving the dongle from one machine to another.

If you are keeping both machines and they are networked you can actually leave the dongle in the old machine but set it up to share the license across your network. This would also avoid the more complex transfer process of a time based license from the XP to Win 7 machines.

It would however mean that the XP machine would need to be running (just XP, not SB on the XP machine) and on the network for the Win7 machine to access the license from it.

Thanks for the quick response. I have a USB Dongle so I guess I'll just install it on my Win 7 machine and plug the Dongle in there.

Yep.

Assuming its ver 3.023 you don't even need to worry about "install as admin" to ensure you have access to the Map Editor.

Don't forget any downloaded mods, skins, etc.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.:luxhello:

You're welcome and same to you and yours.

Wow 64bit makes a difference I also got a 42" screen on my Win 7 machine.

running at 3.4 ghz with 16 gig of ram and a GTX 770 2 gig video, it is smooth.:bigsmile:

I have a Warthog Hotas setup so I will delve into that later.

Now I just need to learn how to fight with the equipment:yltype: