Where to extract files??

delta6

• Administrators
I know this is a stupid question...But I have the 3.023 upgrade downloaded,but I have no idea where to extract the files,can you help me??:confused:

They can be extracted anywhere you like - the desktop, my documents, etc. Once you extract them, click the setup.exe that was created and it will install SB for you.

After the install is complete, you can either delete those files or you can burn them to a DVD for a backup so downloading them again is not necessary.

Hope that helps!

I know this is a stupid question...But I have the 3.023 upgrade downloaded,but I have no idea where to extract the files,can you help me??:confused:

Yes, so a six step process:

1. Download Torrent / four parts

2. Run "SBProPE3_023.part1" and extract to some intermediate location that you create wherever you want.

3. From the intermediate location run the Setup file and install to the permanent location.

4. Run the software from the permanent location.

5. Delete the intermediate location once you are happy the software is running OK.

6. Burn the four parts "SBProPE3_023.part1" to "SBProPE3_023.part4" to a DVD for safe keeping (optional).

• Members

"It depends". If in doubt, use the variable names as given in the Installation / File structure chapter as section headings, e.g. %COMMON_APPDATA% and type it with the % marks in the Windows Explorer address bar. It will transport you to the correct location (...if you have the necessary access privileges, which should usually be the case).

Thank you gentlemen. If I'd pressed Install before asking the question I would have seen that Programme Files/eSim is the default location. Silly me.

One small pedantic point. It seems common to describe the process of moving the downloaded files from the Downloads folder to a temporary folder prior to installation as 'extracting'. This is not strictly correct, it is just 'moving'; the extraction process is done by Part 1 during installation. Could lead people to try and extract the .rar files manually during the moving process.

Thank you gentlemen. If I'd pressed Install before asking the question I would have seen that Programme Files/eSim is the default location. Silly me.

One small pedantic point. It seems common to describe the process of moving the downloaded files from the Downloads folder to a temporary folder prior to installation as 'extracting'. This is not strictly correct, it is just 'moving'; the extraction process is done by Part 1 during installation. Could lead people to try and extract the .rar files manually during the moving process.

You have install it wherever you want.

Mine goes into:

G:\Games\SB Pro PE 3.023

(right beside the earlier: G:\Games\SB Pro PE 3.019)

Glad my post satisfied your concerns about extract Vs move.