TGIF 2015: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

I would like to make a request if it is not too much trouble.

Since I’m new to the game viewing scenario beforehand is extremely helpful to get an idea of what to expect. Unfortunately my library of maps is very limited and last 2 or 3 engagements I was unable to open scenarios do to missing map, I did search the forum but without success.

Can the map be added to the download maybe as an option or some kind of hint where map can be downloaded from.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, it is not easy to be "newb".:)

I didn’t think of just running it I was trying to open it in session editor:c:

No worries! We all started at the beginning, as you are doing, and we all experienced the odd hiccup in the learning curve. Welcome to SB, and have a great time on the TGIF and campaign missions! :thumbup:

My Pc died today :sad2:

I am using My girlfriends Laptop as emergency back up. 5-10 frames per second. I will Still Co, but My hands will be tied a bit as far as personally putting out fires on the battle field.

I got this for Her for Christmas. Had I known I would be using it as back up I would have sprung an extra 100 bucks for a better graphics card.

Oh well, tax returns will be in soon so time to shop for a new PC.

• Moderators

Just something to note:

I was doing some calculating, and in the TF Deutschland scenario, "overtime" (sudden death) was when the time was > 150 minutes and will immediately terminate in that situation if Red strength is < 60%. When the mission ended with a breakthrough last night, it was 150 minutes and 5 seconds, and Red strength was about 63-65%. Very close battle!

I am saying this because it may not have seemed close, but it was. A couple of more destroyed red platoon would have ended it. :eek: Good job on both sides.

Also, this is one of the absolute largest scenarios we have. At 150 minutes I know it is not very practical and we can only do something like this once of twice a year. Thanks to everyone for sticking it out. :luxhello:

Edited by Volcano
typos

Good job to all those on Blue. Between the Lag, artillery problems, and everyone having a bit more than they could properly handle, We did ok.

Don't feel bad about getting wiped out quick BobasEB. The battle position I sent You to left you exposed to the enemy with no nearby cover to retreat to.

Good job red forcing us to reinforce the North with nearly everything we had left. Then at the perfect moment pushing South Center to cross the break through line just in time.

Communication was hectic but considering all the crisis going on at once that can happen. Win or loose, it will end ugly on this one either way.

Two points to improve upon

1. Report friendly losses in a timely manner.

2. Rely on our reverse speed rather than our LeoAS1 armor.

Take this stuff to the infantry thread please.

I've never had any complaint about the way infantry behave in defensive situations other than the occasional 'up-down-up-down' behaviour of soldiers equipped with 'RPGs' and I find your recent tips on how best to deploy them very useful. But could you please point me in the direction of the 'infantry thread' that you mention. Thanks.

• Moderators
But could you please point me in the direction of the 'infantry thread' that you mention. Thanks.

Of course I was referring to any number of threads that are complaining about infantry, but specifically you have not already forgotten your "Mech Infantry in Multiplayer" thread, right? ;)

Any of those threads will do, I just want to keep this thread specifically about the scenarios.

• Moderators

6 FEB scenario:

!OBJ PV - MP_3025c

We are going to try this one with own party map updates. +10-21 minutes has been added to the time limit because of that. Whoever COs BLUE, remember to keep up the pace. This scenario is all about timing, and the time limit usually gets the BLUE side.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

13 FEB scenario:

Allied Force MTC 01-3011d

Need four COs for this one:

Blue = US

Green = National Army (ie. Afghan or Iraqi)

vs.

Red = OPFOR

Orange = insurgents

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

I'll Co Orange Insurgents.

Do you have your new machine?

Only ask because when I volunteered to be CO Orange last time its was pretty much a one man band, so you can't just run it from the Map view.

Also just be wary of the 4WDs. A few of mine got bogged on what appeared to be OK ground - unsure if that was looked at or not. :)