Volcano

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

OK, updated again -- hopefully for the last time before TGIF.

I wouldn't have updated it, but I was curious about the extra attack helicopters on Blue, and I went back and reviewed my notes. They were actually supposed to be there, but the actual problem was that I forgot to give them a SPAWN condition, which meant they showed up immediately. They were supposed to show up as reinforcements if Red does something they are discouraged from doing (specified in their notes).

Anyway, it should be as intended now.

• Moderators

Made numerous tweaks to last nights scenario from feedback:

• Added two more M1A2 tanks and a platoon of M2 Bradleys to Blue.
  • Added a platoon of T-72Ms to Red's Mot Rifle Co.
  • Removed full map updates from Red (both have own map updates).
  • Increased the % that the IEDs on the bridges will be duds.
  • Moved the deployment zone back for the Red SAMs so that the Apache cannot be shot down immediately.
  • Increased the size of the Blue QRF if Red puts artillery on the Blue camp.

Missing will still end if none of Blue's trucks are operational, it has always been like that in both convoy scenarios. Perhaps with Red not having full map updates anymore, then the trucks won't be so easy to hit with artillery (I think most of them were spotted and hit by artillery while they sat and waited to move forward).

I think these changes will add up. Just have to keep tweaking it until it feels juuuuust right...

• Moderators

20 MAR scenario:

Warlords of Paderborn-3025d

Need four COs for this one: BLUE, RED, GREY, GREEN. All four sides are against each other in a free-for-all.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

Yes, officially if someone volunteered the week before then they are not allowed to volunteer again the week after. But go ahead and take it if no one else volunteers by then.

It doesn't seem like we have had many new CO volunteers lately. :heu:

I'd take a crack but it is completely the wrong time for me :(

I would accept the challenge on one condition; that a single command vehicle be put in as another side (gold) that is allied with Red, Green and Grey so I can track my skittles. ;)

Ah but there's the rub - they way I read it Red, Green and Grey are fighting each other as well as Blue.

Its not three sides united against one. :)

• Moderators

Had to update the scenario unfortunately, now version "b". FYI, a list of fixes...

• Fixed a problem with a few conditions on several sides that would have prevented some reinforcements.
  • Streamlined it a bit (removed excessive units).
  • Updated the map -- added some buildings in a few places, thinned out buildings in other places.
  • Moved the objects around a bit to focus it more, and the southern one was just too far to be practical for GREEN and BLUE, now it should be possible for both to get to it.
  • Corrected some ammo types for the "obsolete" reinforcements.
  • Gave a better starting IFV to GREEN (Warrior just wasn't cutting it for start unit).

Hopefully there shouldn't be any further changes.

Also, keep in mind that the Challenger 2 is not the push over it was before, but this will be discovered in due time...

• Moderators
Hopefully there shouldn't be any further changes.

I lied. I had to update it to version "c", there was something I missed. Also I noticed that one side had the wrong artillery vehicles, and I gave all artillery (on all sides of course) multispectral smoke ammunition instead of the regular smoke. That should make things interesting. :men_ani:

Now hopefully no further changes unless something critical is found wrong with it...

BTW, this scenario is complicated, and we have only played it once before, so some errors are only natural.

• Moderators

Ugh, had to update it again to "d". Someone pointed out a problem with the score on one side. Also, I physically moved all the reinforcements for all sides back to the rear a bit more, to make it less likely that a side can make serious mistakes and rely on their reinforcements to save them immediately.

NOW there should be no more... I am not even going to say it. :heu:

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

Thanks for everyone that played, even with some additional bugs in the scenario (very complicated scenario with all the sides). Since everyone was confused, the final result was a Blue victory by 100 points. I will try to announce in the AAR who the winner was next time we play it since it is not a typical scenario.

I made some changes to it for "next time"...

• Added some text in the briefing reminding everyone that you have thermal smoke for artillery.
  • Clarified how objective ownership works (even I was confused without information on how it worked -- it was not Region Score based).
  • Adjusted all side's "crappy" reinforcements (the ones you always get) to be more "balanced" in comparison to each side.
  • Fixed a broken score issue (Red should of had 200 points, not 100 points, for what its worth).
  • Made changes to the objective locations to make it even more... exciting and less likely for sides to ally and divvy up ownership.
  • Made a note in the briefing about alliances and what is allowed (loose alliances are allowed, but not strict alliances dividing up objectives, and no alliance should exist in the final 30 minutes -- this is not in the spirit of the scenario).

Edited by Volcano

I had lot of fun.

Thank you for having me.

Green did a good job of putting up a defense.

We killed a lot of blue afvs.

we should have tried to prob cent obj more.

Also if i may suggest , please rename the objectives as with current names they cause confusion while communicating with team members.

Instead of "North" "east" "west" "south" it could be "Alpha" "Bravo" etc or something else.

Overall good experience.

• Moderators

Also if i may suggest , please rename the objectives as with current names they cause confusion while communicating with team members.

Instead of "North" "east" "west" "south" it could be "Alpha" "Bravo" etc or something else.

Yeah, I didn't think about that until someone else also mentioned it yesterday.

What I have done since then is, I kept the objective labels as NORTH, EAST, WEST, SOUTH, CENTER, but below that is another name so it appears as follows...

NORTH

(November)

EAST

(Echo)

WEST

(Whiskey)

SOUTH

(Sierra)

CENTER

(Charlie)

So that a side can use that to better reference them. I didn't want to completely change the name since four briefings and tons of conditions reference them, but maybe this will help for next time. Actually, maybe I will swap the names so that it is other way around...

NOVEMBER

(North)

...if it is still confusing. Thoughts?