• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

27 MAR scenario:

Island Invasion 02-3025a-OMU

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators
I've been practicing the Warrior since Red has them for our APC and I think I may never regain feeling in my arrow-tapping finger. What madman decided to leave out recoil-compensation on a vehicle with manual traverse and an autocannon.

Actually, it does have powered traverse (Warrior does, Scimitar does not), but you can only move it for rough traversing and not fine movements. Not sure if you knew that or not, but it should spare your fingers a bit if you didn't. Best thing to is move the target large amounts or quickly with the power traverse and then tap the fingers to put it on target once you get it in view.

• Moderators

Just a note:

Whoever CO's tonight -- do not load a saved plan. Apparently there is a bug which combined with the complexity and/or size of this scenario will cause the player loading the plan to crash. This would require everyone to go back and pick up the CO since the CO probably needs to be present for the Planning Phase. ;)

Recommend just making an image of the plan and then reconstructing it in the Planning Phase.

So have you gone to Daylight Saving there yet?

Just trying to work out if my local equivalent time has changed or if I have to start adjusting (usually there is a three week period or so when the time is stable, then you go to Daylight Saving, then we come off Daylight Saving).

So have you gone to Daylight Saving there yet?

Just trying to work out if my local equivalent time has changed or if I have to start adjusting (usually there is a three week period or so when the time is stable, then you go to Daylight Saving, then we come off Daylight Saving).

1 pm local time

• Moderators

3 APR scenario:

The Three Sisters 2013-UKvDE-3025-OMU

This is a good test at the capabilities of the Challenger 2. It should be a tough fight if the tactics used match the tank types.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

BTW, made some adjustments to the Island Invasion scenario for "next time". Adjusted force densities and other things. It is supposed to be challenging for Blue to get established, but not impossible. The tricky part is getting it "just right", so that the invasion could be a delayed, but mostly inevitable. :wink:

As for the second scenario (Hasty Defense), also made quite a few bug fixes for next time as well. That is a quick scenario to play for situations like or for a TGIF where we announce that it will be played twice by swapping sides for the second game, and the higher score is the winning side - or something like that.

As for the second scenario (Hasty Defense), also made quite a few bug fixes for next time as well. That is a quick scenario to play for situations like or for a TGIF where we announce that it will be played twice by swapping sides for the second game, and the higher score is the winning side - or something like that.

I might be worth a note in that one about the ASLAV-25.

If you disable the TI to fit the timeline, people need to know that there is no longer a primary sight. They need to use the auxillary to see (let alone hit) anything from F6.

Ok noted. I was hoping people would figure this out, but I guess it makes it confusing since the AI gunner happily stares into the broken sight when you jump into it for the first time. ;)

Yes its just another degree of difficulty if you are lucky enough to be the "recon guy" and have three of them to control. :)

• Moderators

10 APR scenario:

Civil War Dera Ghazi-3025b

This is part of the "civil war" series. We played this one once before and a few things were broken but should be fixed from last time, dealing with alliances and such.

This scenario requires THREE COs (BLUE, ORANGE, RED). Blue "Free Army" and Orange "Extremists" are insurgents, and are neutral at the start - essentially fighting against a superior Red "Govt. Forces" side. At some point, BLUE and ORANGE need to decide when to open hostilities with each other (via a trigger), or it will happen automatically when RED is reduced to 50% strength or less. Keep in mind that BLUE+ORANGE should not fight each other too soon, or else RED will have an easy time at it. ;) That said, a sudden BLUE vs ORANGE strike/ambush (or covertly picking off units) may likely help in the long run.

NOTES:

Edited by Volcano

Last time I operated some insurgents in TGIF, I kept blowing up Rotar's PC's at a radio station with a single squad of infantry. So the Red forces gave up trying to occupy it, went around it and defeated the blue by taking their bases. It was the Island Civil War scenario. Chaos, just chaos! :bigsmile: