TGIF 2015: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will volunteer to be overall/US company CO since I doubt anyone will want to do it. If I am wrong then let me know and I will take another company. No one volunteered last time for it at least. ;)

;)[/Q

In September of 2014 I missed the first play of this scene. I played it in single player for the hell of it at the time. It was the longest single player experience of My life. After 3.5 or 4 Hours with no breaks, I gave up after reaching Owl, and falcon due to fatigue. I'd like to try again with a little help, I'll be overall/US Co.:3starSK:

• Moderators

In September of 2014 I missed the first play of this scene. I played it in single player for the hell of it at the time. It was the longest single player experience of My life. After 3.5 or 4 Hours with no breaks, I gave up after reaching Owl, and falcon due to fatigue. I'd like to try again with a little help, I'll be overall/US Co.:3starSK:

OK, its yours then. :drink:

It should go much faster with map updates...

• Moderators

OK, it has been discussed and now we have a new arrangement.

There will be FOUR COs:

Brun: overall commander

Volcano: US company commander

Gibson: UK company commander

12Alfa: DK company commander

This will help allow the overall commander concentrate on the bigger picture and artillery. :)

Sorry, looks like "post moving admin" is going to fill my afternoon.

Have the cable TV guy here at present (has been for 2hours for a 1 hour installation). Had planned on him finished and gone by now but I'm afraid not. :(

Will drop into TS as soon as I can but have no idea as to when that will be.

Sorry for the late notice. :(

Last night CO-OP was a great time. Nice to do a CO-OP for a change, I would like to do more, say 1 a month.

Also good to see RS not cause a cluster F^%$#K on the road as I seem to recall from the last CO-Op :drink:. Maybe he did learn to control his units:eek2::smile2:

• Moderators

28 AUG scenario:

Convoy Ops 02-3025

SUMMARY:

Blue: M1A1s attacking, Red: Leo 2A4s defending. Blue must get at least one convoy truck to the exit area before the end and red must either destroy all the convoy trucks or "run out the clock" (delay) before any can get into the exit.

ADMIN:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

28 AUG scenario:

Convoy Ops 02-3025

SUMMARY:

Blue: M1A1s attacking, Red: Leo 2A4s defending. Blue must get at least one convoy truck to the exit area before the end and red must either destroy all the convoy trucks or "run out the clock" (delay) before any can get into the exit.

ADMIN:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

I'll CO Blue.

• Moderators

04 SEP scenario:

The Three Sisters 2013-USvEU-3025a-OMU

SUMMARY:

Meeting engagement between Blue: M1A2s and M2A2s, Red: Leo 2Es and Ulans. Own party map updates. Blue is a US style force, Red is a mixed EU style force. Blue IFVs have Javelin ATGM teams while Red IFVs have Spike-LR ATGM teams.

ADMIN:

Edited by Volcano

re: 04 SEP scenario.

I'm planning on being there. Now, please forgive my paranoia, but as a 'cherry,' I'm not sure where I could be the most helpful/least detrimental; there's only so much I can learn by studying the previous AARs. :confused:

Therefore, if possible, may I be simply 'assigned' a role (i.e. Red or Blue, Armor or Infantry, et al.), so I can work on preparing for it as much as possible before Friday?

I honestly don't care what it is, but I'd greatly appreciate the chance to practice with that specific vehicle: study the manual, take notes, etc. My plan was to adapt some of the Camp Felthorn scenarios to utilize, for example, an M2A2 and it's grunts.

I'm planning on being there. Now, please forgive my paranoia, but as a 'cherry,' I'm not sure where I could be the most helpful/least detrimental; there's only so much I can learn by studying the previous AARs. :confused:

Therefore, if possible, may I be simply 'assigned' a role (i.e. Red or Blue, Armor or Infantry, et al.), so I can work on preparing for it as much as possible before Friday?

I honestly don't care what it is, but I'd greatly appreciate the chance to practice with that specific vehicle: study the manual, take notes, etc. My plan was to adapt some of the Camp Felthorn scenarios to utilize, for example, an M2A2 and it's grunts.

Welcome.

TGIF is a relatively casual endeavor, so I wouldn't overthink it too much. Anyway, before you could even be assigned a role, people would have to step forward to volunteer as CO for this week's mission and begin to formulate a plan. At a minimum, therefore, I'd wait until the CO(s) are announced; then decide which side you'd like to be on; and then maybe the CO can decide on your assignment in advance. But that assumes that he will start planning well in advance of Friday evening, which may not be the case.

Can I suggest you have a look at the scenario and pick the side which you are most comfortable with. So based on:

Meeting engagement between Blue: M1A2s and M2A2s, Red: Leo 2Es and Ulans. Own party map updates. Blue is a US style force, Red is a mixed EU style force. Blue IFVs have Javelin ATGM teams while Red IFVs have Spike-LR ATGM teams.

If you have done all the M1 Tutorials then I'd at least narrow your selection to "Blue". That way you can either use that vehicle or at least now how to work with it (or how it looks in TI, etc.).

Then at least you aren't fighting the platform/vehicle and the scenario. :)