TGIF 2015: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The AAR will not open in SB. I've never had this happen before. It's in the right place, AAR folder, and it's the right file type, and when I click 'Load AAR,' I see it in the list. But, when I hit load (or double-click it), it brings up the dialogue box "Loading Mission Please Wait," before the box almost immediately closes, and the AAR never comes up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :(

The AAR will not open in SB. I've never had this happen before. It's in the right place, AAR folder, and it's the right file type, and when I click 'Load AAR,' I see it in the list. But, when I hit load (or double-click it), it brings up the dialogue box "Loading Mission Please Wait," before the box almost immediately closes, and the AAR never comes up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :(

You've probably done it already, but check the file in your AAR folder again. It might still be in ".zip" format: check the ending of the file name. It should have an ".aar" ending. If it has it should load. I downloaded it about an hour ago to check on something, and I had no problem after I noticed that I still had it in the ".zip" format. Something to do with age, I'm told...!:wink2:

• Moderators

11 SEP scenario:

Where the Victoria Crosses Grow 2013-3025-OMU

SUMMARY:

Red: T-72M1 and BTR-80 attacking, Blue: Challenger 2 and Warrior defending. Friendly map updates.

ADMIN:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

I Co'ed this one a couple times from Blue in a previous SB life. Once We Got Rolled, and once We held on by the Skin O' our teeth. We were surrounded by 5 Companies. We Fought Bravely but were and slaughtered. Stripped naked by the Russian women and left to rot in the sun, feasted on by the birds of the sky and beasts of the land. I then awoke in the same scenario and We Rebuffed the enemy In triumph, Drunken with the finest vodka the Mongol's could produce. Once I even fought from the Red side, My time in that SB life was brief. Over the top and a flash followed by a red warm feeling.

Again the same desperate battle to hold at all costs. There is no more room to bury the dead on this battlefield. It Is win at all costs or be picked clean by birds of the sky.

I'll Co Blue.

I Co'ed this one a couple times from Blue in a previous SB life. Once We Got Rolled, and once We held on by the Skin O' our teeth. We were surrounded by 5 Companies. We Fought Bravely but were and slaughtered. Stripped naked by the Russian women and left to rot in the sun, feasted on by the birds of the sky and beasts of the land. I then awoke in the same scenario and We Rebuffed the enemy In triumph, Drunken with the finest vodka the Mongol's could produce. Once I even fought from the Red side, My time in that SB life was brief. Over the top and a flash followed by a red warm feeling.

This is the most epic scenario description I think I've ever read. :luxhello:

Got the release notes, followed the instructions (I think) and got the Hotfix where I think it should be (I think). But when I start up SB, the note in the upper right hand corner still reads "SB Pro E Version 3.027 (x64)." So I think that there is something amiss here. Can someone verify that 3.028 should be displayed (as I expect is the case), or is this an internal fix to 3.027, in which case the .027 should still be displayed. TIA for any information!

Well, that didn't take long. Simply deleted my shortcut, stripped out the .028 files, did a reinstall of them, restarted my system, et voila: 3.028 appears. Not sure just what happened (or didn't) yesterday, but "it don't matter anyhow." Got it now, and good to go! :men_ani:

• Moderators

18 SEP scenario:

Iranistan-Iraqistan War (1980)-3025b

SUMMARY:

***NEW SCENARIO***

Blue: Chieftain (CR2 with no TIS, very weak ammo), M60 (Leopard AS1), T-62, M113 and BMP.

Red: T-72, T-62, and BMP.

Friendly map updates.

Before everyone jumps on the Challenger 2 side, there isn't very many of them (6) and have no thermals and very poor ammo (~400 RHA). So please, no moaning when it is difficult for them to kill something - this is intentional, everything will have the same range of ammo. The CR2 strength is their frontal armor here.

Fictional desert war and the battle should be a straight forward brawl, on a desert map, since it was expressed that we didn't have enough good desert scenarios. Both sides are both defending a rear objective and pushing forward in a meeting engagement to control as much of the central map area as possible which is divided into five sectors.

Since the scenario is new, keep in mind that there may be some rough edges as usual, and maybe some play balance tweaks required.

ADMIN:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano