"X" variable & different units question

jebs

Hello again everyone :)

I have 2 different groups of units that can spawn depending on an X variable.

Spawn If --> 0 x2 50 (T-72 group, 1A=3 tanks, 2A=3 tanks, up to 6A)

Spawn If --> 50 x2 100 (T-80 group, 1B=3 tanks, 2B=3 tanks, up to 6B)

The spawned group will then go along some non-conditioned & conditioned and random routes. Eventually, these routes will meet at a common waypoint.

After this waypoint I would like to "sort" or spread the units out to other routes in order to form a better assault line. My quandary now is having so many units that it's cumbersome to branch them out and form a line easily.

So, all spawned & mobile units having arrived at the common waypoint, is there only one way to do this? (By setting individual routes for 1A, 2A or 1B, 2B etc etc after the common end waypoint)

Thanks in advance,

jebs

• Moderators

Yes, you can use the Embark If... feature on a route to do that, but I think the problem is that if you have too many units using the same route then you only have so many checks you can do. The only real way around that is to limit the amount of units that use the same route to no more than a company.

But anyway, the logic would be something like:

Embark if... unit X has reached waypoint Y.

• Members

...or:

... if unit (this) is [callsign]

This can be cascaded, if you first create a fork where you sort out up to four callsigns by using the OR operator (and then create branching routes from that waypoint). All other units would move on along an unconditioned route to the next waypoint from where you create the next branch. Rinse and repeat.