A learning opportunity

Tjay

Tjay,

If you want to run this mission under the auspices of United Ops, that would be fine with me. That would mean a start time of Saturday, 2100 GMT, which might be more convenient for a multitude of people.

Thank you very much indeed for the offer. Have you checked your right arm recently? It may have been bitten off at the elbow.:)

I guess we should wait 'til after the current Finnish campaign, but I'm more than happy to do it whenever it's convenient fr you. But the key to the whole thing is Mark Gibson - so it depends largely on him.

Thank you very much indeed for the offer. Have you checked your right arm recently? It may have been bitten off at the elbow.:)

I guess we should wait 'til after the current Finnish campaign, but I'm more than happy to do it whenever it's convenient fr you. But the key to the whole thing is Mark Gibson - so it depends largely on him.

I think Grenny said his intent is to run a campaign mission every two weeks, so that leaves plenty of open dates in the next month or two.

I think Grenny said his intent is to run a campaign mission every two weeks, so that leaves plenty of open dates in the next month or two.

Thats why I want do it it that way. I don't want to block popular Time Slots every week with my shit :-)

Others need space too.

Well thanks for booking me in on a Sunday morning to work (attending UO is my equivalent of breakfast and papers in bed). :)

Having said that give me the dates for the Finnish thing so I can work out the UO gaps and then compare it to known work commitments (I normally jag a duty one or two weekends a month).

So there's a fair chance I can only make half of the Finnish thing - even once the dates are published.

Then I'll need to check with SWMBO that I'm not committed to a family thing on the weekends left after I block out work and then the Finnish thing.

So if there's a Sunday morning left after that process I'll let you know - but I need the Finnish dates to start.

Also I'll add the caveat that there is always the chance that some short notice task will comes up (say 24-48 hours prior) and I wont be able to make anyway.

Hence why doing it during the Christmas "lull" made sense to me.

Edited by Gibsonm

Alright so I have Finnish dates:

Right so for you (mine will be these dates +1):

10 Jan

24 Jan

07 Feb

21 Feb

07 Mar

21 Mar

I'll see how I go, but suspect 21 Feb and 21 Mar are already "no go" for me.

Pretty sure 31 Jan is also gone and suspect as I get more information the calendar further out gets even busier (OP VARIABLE anyone?).

So it might be easier to come forward and provisionally assign the 17 Jan (18 Jan for me) for this?

Well thanks for booking me in on a Sunday morning to work (attending UO is my equivalent of breakfast and papers in bed). :)

In consideration of the inconvenience I will waive my usual booking fee. :clin:

But seriously, thanks for sticking with this.

Well let's see if there's any interest (i.e. people posting that they will turn up) in the 17th before we get too excited.

Good point. I will ask for 'declarations on intent' in an new thread as people mamy have lost interest when the saw the original date was cancelled.

You might want to ask if I'm happy with that first?

If you want to record it then it doesn't matter when is a good time because people can watch it whenever they want.

It also means I need to rehearse it so it not full of ums, errs, and other phases the people holding the Sovereign's Commission aren't meant to make in public, and it will be "public" because it will end up on YouTube or Twitch or whatever.

Otherwise you might as well work for the News of the World.

Well let me make it simple (otherwise people may find out too late to actually attend). :)

Teamspeak details: Steel Beasts' TS Server - "Q&A - The tank hanger" channel within BG ANZAC

Server IP: Will be advised to those in the TS channel on the day.

Version required to participate: 3.023, 64Bit

Date and Time you have.

No audio or video recording permitted.

People need to have the 3.023 Bundle as a reference guide and we are using the "Soviet" mission file from here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/268/p13_fileid/2282

In a bid to save time/extend visibility of the activity, I've written it up here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21422

Edited by Gibsonm
Removed IP details