codemeter not working after win8.1 update

Wolfseven

ti worked a couple of days ago and then nothing today.

Right so the usual clarification questions:

What error messages are you seeing, if any?

Are you using a USB stick or a time based license?

If a time based license, when is it due to expire?

Did it all work before you applied the Windows 8.1 update (as implied in the topic)?

Does codemeter "work" again if you roll back to the restore point before you applied the upgrade?

Their crystal ball is good, but they aren't mind readers. :)

Right so the usual clarification questions:

What error messages are you seeing, if any?

Are you using a USB stick or a time based license?

If a time based license, when is it due to expire?

Did it all work before you applied the Windows 8.1 update (as implied in the topic)?

Does codemeter "work" again if you roll back to the restore point before you applied the upgrade?

Their crystal ball is good, but they aren't mind readers. :)

ok I have full rights as admin.

I upgraded to 8.1 was working with win764bit,

was working with new build 8.1

today no longer works I paid over $200 dollars for this game and upgrades why do I have to jump through the hopes and security BS to play this game

I got it to work but win8.1 crashed when I tried to update the CM stick.

I came back after a win8.1 repair. from this stupid CM stick BS

the log reports this CM 5.20b was not compatible.

now I got the game to start and there is no vehicles.

no this is not a time based CM stick as I have purchased the full license for Steel beast pro pe.

sorry if I seem short but why? CM bust stick operation. obviously it doesn't like something in 8.1 64 bit.

seem to be getting some where, it wont let me change the dongle password, so I have no idea how to get that.

but the CM stick states its working correctly.

Steel Beast is working but no vehicles.

my license state all active and up to date

All licenses are activated.

Product Name

Status

SB Pro PE 3.0, add 1 license Activated

Edited by Wolfseven
just now

So you have upgraded to SB Pro PE 3.023?

Only reason I ask is that comes with ver 5.20d of the codemeter software, bundled with it and installed as part of the overall install process.

I can be downloadable here, if somehow your install missed it:

http://codemeter.com/us/service/downloads.html

I suspect the upgrade from 5.20b to 5.20d may well have something to do with Win 8.x (I don't run Win 8.x so can't say for sure though).

I would have thought that would have stopped you opening Steel Beasts at all, let alone opening it but having no vehicles?

Do you have both 3.023 and an earlier version both installed?

Maybe you are trying to launch the earlier version which may well have been corrupted if you installed 3.023 on top of it?

Update: Also I don't think there is a need to touch the password button (don't think I have at least in the last decade). :)

Edited by Gibsonm
typo

So you have upgraded to SB Pro PE 3.023?

Only reason I ask is that comes with ver 5.20d of the codemeter software, bundled with it and installed as part of the overall install process.

I can be downloadable here, if somehow your install missed it:

http://codemeter.com/us/service/downloads.html

I suspect the upgrade from 5.20b to 5.20d may well have something to do with Win 8.x (I don't run Win 8.x so can't say for sure though).

I would have thought that would have stopped to opening Steel Beasts at all, let alone opening it but having no vehicles?

Do you have both 3.023 and an earlier version both installed?

Maybe you are trying to launch the earlier version which may well have been corrupted if you installed 3.023 on top of it?

Update: Also I don't think there is a need to touch the password button (don't think I have at least in the last decade). :)

reinstall worked and this time I made sure that the CM reinstall repaired. which if you do not close i.e applications it will not install correctly resulting in a win8.1 crash and win8.1 repair issue. I got it working thanks for my panic help.