FINLAND campaign KICKOFF

Grenny

Time and Date:

1 Battle (recon Mission "A dance ith the dragon") is sceduled at

102100Zjan15 = 2100 GMT, 10th of january 2015

My intend is to met at the 911 TS (best suited channel setup and a bit easier to "find" as UO's ;) )

TS server adress: "steelbeasts.org"

I will also stop by at the SB.com TS to pick up interested players there.

*Disclaimer: the situation/countrybook might not be 100% watertight, purely fictional and are in some cases adjusted to further gameplay and (hopefully) .sce enjoyment.

Winter 2019

Conflikt over raw-materials found under the dwindling artic ice have escalated.

Demand by the new asian Superpower lead to open hostilities between them, the US and RUSFED.

An enemy fleet used the now ice free norther passage to engage the RUSFED northern fleet in the MEZEN BAY. After the sinking of the most of the surface combatants including the Pyotr Velikiy and Admiral Kuznetsov and the neutralization of the submarines an invasion force was landed near ARCHANGELSK.

Enemy forces have demanded that neutral Finland grants their troops right of passage over finnish territory IOT attack St. PETERSBURG from the north.

If the demand was not met within 72 hours, the enemy considers itself at war with the Fins.

As tensions in the north had increased over the last month, FINLAND already requested assistance unter Artikle 42 of the lisbon-treaty, several weeks ago. (http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-european-union-and-comments/title-5-general-provisions-on-the-unions-external-action-and-specific-provisions/chapter-2-specific-provisions-on-the-common-foreign-and-security-policy/section-2-provisions-on-the-common-security-and-defence-policy/129-article-42.html)

However, with mobilization in EU countries slow, or not even started and the US tied down at other theatres. most EU members where reluctant to pledge troops. Fearing to reduce defensive strenght in the own countries.

Only with preasure from DENMARK and SWEDEN pleding support, EU members could agree to act. Having no own heavy units earmarked, NATO struktures for command and troops(NRF) where activated.

Upon arrival in HELSINKY the NRF forces where beefed up with Finish units. Aclimatisation, terrain familarisation and inter-unit training was imediatly started.

To respect the neutral status of FINLAND, all units where place under OPCON of the finnish army. At all units down to BN level, CO, 2IC or Chief of Staff will be provided by FINLAND.

Core units will be a finnish Jaeger BN and a mixed mechnized Unit from scandinavian countries.

ORBAT of the NRF/EU units:

56e83d11037f8_NRFforcesORBAT.jpg.2efaeb9

56e83d1105b57_mechBNORBAT.jpg.92f5da9b8d

56e83d11037f8_NRFforcesORBAT.jpg.2efaeb9

56e83d1105b57_mechBNORBAT.jpg.92f5da9b8d

Edited by Grenny

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Situation on 051200Zjan19:

After their ultimatum ran out, ENEMY forces attacked west.

Finnish units have managed to halt the enemy attack at the Line KAIPIAINEN-SIPPOLA-HAMINA (see maptrace 1 attached).

With their lead division pinned down, enemy follow on forces in div strength are making a flanking move north. Most likely enemy CoA was determined to be an attack around the city of KOUVOLA IOT to cut of and destroy the defending units.

Most dangerous would be an advance along the nearly undefended road over JAALA toward LATHI IOT to threaten HELSINKI itself.

With all finnish units in the south now commited, the NRF BG in tranfered north to block the enemy move into KOUVOLA.

*eny ORBAT note: BTR Rgt has the same setup as BMP Rgt...just on wheels

56e83d110b813_Initialsituation_1.jpg.6bd

56e83d110d7aa_ORBATENY_DIV.jpg.8636dddbc

56e83d110ef98_ORBATENY_Rgt.png.1f1cf8840

56e83d110b813_Initialsituation_1.jpg.6bd

56e83d110d7aa_ORBATENY_DIV.jpg.8636dddbc

56e83d110ef98_ORBATENY_Rgt.png.1f1cf8840

Situation 071200Zjan19:

Movement of the NRF forces has be slowed down my refugee traffic on the soutward roads.

But FINBAT and Recon elements have now reached the area of operations.

Mech BN is still on the march in the area of KORIA.

The concept of battle is to place FINBAT in defensive positions in the area of SELÄNPÄÄ-VOUHIJÄRVI to shape ENY into a narrow movement towards KOUVOLA, block them there with the Mechanized BN and strike at snarled up enemy with the AT-helicopters from TF "VALKYRIE" IOT destroy their lead Rgts and stop the ENY advance.

56e83d1118e6f_InitialSituation2.jpg.fd10

56e83d1118e6f_InitialSituation2.jpg.fd10

XX1000Zjan19

1st mission!...and if all goes to plan, a mission every week or every 2 weeks from now on :-)

Details about game time, TS and hosting are to be coordinated with 911 and UO. I'll post info as soon as I have managed to work on that.

Title: "a dance with the dragon"

Player units:

8 patrols+ drone-plt from the mixed Recon BN.

Mission:

-Provide a screening force for defence preparations at SELÄNPÄÄN LENTOKENTTÄ(SELÄNPÄÄN AIRFIELD)

-deny enemy recon access to the airfield until XX1400Zjan19

-establish contact with ENY main forces in the area of PYÖRIÄLÄ

-deploy long-range-recon teams in contact with ENY main forces

2x DK-patrols, with 2x EAGLE IV each

2x UK-patrols, with 3x CRV(T) each

2x NO-patrols, with 2x LMV each

2x FI-patrols, with 2x LMV each

Drone plt:

FUCHS vehicles as base station, 2 drones KZO available.

And @Gibson: don't worry...the Inf. is mainly there to make Situation more plausible(you mentioned the terrain already). We will be on tracks or wheels 89% of the time :-D

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

Dibs on a Scimitar!!

Zipuli is gonna be pissed.....

His house is on this map, and is sitting smack bang in the middle of the enemy advance, again.

2x UK-patrols, with 3x CRV(T) each

Ahem, the correct number is four per troop. :)

This gunna be fun :)

Better bring your "Super Penetrating" RPGs. ;)

Grenny,

Are you planning to do the first mission this Saturday, or should I schedule another United Ops mission for this week?

Well the mission is ready.

Have not contacted you yet(didn't get to it :-( sry) ) about wether this one could be this Saturday UO-mission.

If this would be OK for you, I'll publish Time and Date 102100Zjan15 for this mission and on the UO server?

What needs a short discussion is wether we use UO, SB or 911 Team speak.

Thanx

Count me in please. :)

In this type of terrain, dismounted infantry should cope OK. And we should know by the end of the first mission whether the vehicle stop/start bug has actually been fixed. Jury seems to still be out on that.

Well the mission is ready.

Have not contacted you yet(didn't get to it :-( sry) ) about wether this one could be this Saturday UO-mission.

If this would be OK for you, I'll publish Time and Date 102100Zjan15 for this mission and on the UO server?

What needs a short discussion is wether we use UO, SB or 911 Team speak.

Thanx

Yes, please go ahead and publish it. As far as the TS server, I'm not sure it matters from a technical standpoint. As long as the choice is made clear to all attendees.

Time and Date:

1 Battle (recon Mission "A dance ith the dragon") is sceduled at

102100Zjan15 = 2100 GMT, 10th of january 2015

My intend is to met at the 911 TS (best suited channel setup and a bit easier to "find" as UO's ;) )

TS server adress: "steelbeasts.org" or 216.22.24.158

I will also stop by at the SB.com TS to pick up interested players there.

Campaign Bling :-)

Made by Duke.

Will be awarded for taking part in at least 3 missions.

To Explain:Blue/white colour and Reindeer to symbolize Finland

"Art. 42" to reflect it's an Artikel 42 mission(SImilar to that NATO "Artikel 5" or "Non Artikel 5" Medals)

56e83d112638f_KampaignRibbonFinland_2015

56e83d112638f_KampaignRibbonFinland_2015