AI path finding

Mokkeri

Hi all.

Is AI path finding got broken or is it always been like this. On my own made scenario enemy destroyed my leo nicely on road and turret pop out to side of road. That wreck halted whole attack and every vehicle need more than 5 minutes to find path around. Nice traffic jam and good target to ICM artillery.

Hi all.

Is AI path finding got broken or is it always been like this. On my own made scenario enemy destroyed my leo nicely on road and turret pop out to side of road. That wreck halted whole attack and every vehicle need more than 5 minutes to find path around. Nice traffic jam and good target to ICM artillery.

It's not perfect in many times, but dead tank in road shoulnd be problem usally. :c:

Do you have AAR ? or pics ?

• Moderators

It sounds like an rare case where turret landed in such a perfect distance that the AI wanted to avoid it but squeeze between it and the hull, but it was too close to allow it. Since the turret pops randomly, I would say that this should be a one in a hundred or thousand chance (at least I haven't seen it happen).

Just try the scenario again and see if it doesn't happen?

Also, in scenario design, try to avoid top speed on march routes on roads except for emergencies. It could have been that the turret popped, the other tanks are speeding along and a crash into stuff, then tanks behind it crash into those and so forth, and then you have a train wreck. And especially try to give a good interval between platoons, at least 50 meters or so to allow them to negotiate obstacles in their path without intermingling and tying each other up. Just some suggestions. :)

Thanks for advice but i think i have tryed to do most of already. On my scenario there is only some small forest roads and platoons need to be on column formation, route speed is set to slow and platoon interval is 2 minutes at start. I noticed that PC's infrantry block also because they crawl at road and traffic jam is ready. Is there some changes on mount if and dismount if commands because i am not able to mount inf in middle of route? Maybe i change to more open desert scenarios where is more room.

On my scenario there is only some small forest roads and platoons need to be on column formation, route speed is set to slow and platoon interval is 2 minutes at start. I noticed that PC's infrantry block also because they crawl at road and traffic jam is ready. Is there some changes on mount if and dismount if commands because i am not able to mount inf in middle of route? Maybe i change to more open desert scenarios where is more room.

Well tanks and PCs do travel at different speeds (i.e. fast for a PC is not necessarily the same kph as fast for a tank).

Also it pretty unlikely for PCs to unload Infantry on a route unless they are under fire or you intervene because its pretty rare for the passengers to get out while the vehicle is moving (esp. "fast" on a road).

Perhaps post the scenario here and some people can have a look for you?

Inf was my second problem and not related to first post. I try to explain what i meant. Narrow forrest road, engage route for pc platoons with column formation and slow speed. I made dismount if rule (unit this is carrying troops and unit this is under direct fire) and mount if rule (unit this is not carrying troops and unit is not under direct fire, after true delay by 1 min). At first contact troops go out and start engage, just like i wanted. When contact is broken pc's will continue but troops crawl on road to next or sometimes to previous waypoint. All other platoons behind that will get stuck to own soldiers.

• Members
Did you make a navmesh for the map?

Irrelevant, at least at the moment. This sounds like an issue of local obstacle avoidance. Navmeshes are needed for completely autonomous characters traveling from a source to a drain region, and for plotting routes that are not road-bound but which are supposed to avoid obstacles on the ground.