Open House training session - 17 January 2015 @ 2100GMT

Gibsonm

Some of you may have been tracking these two threads:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21332

and

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21370

Where questions were asked about some guidelines on conducting a Delay mission.

I volunteered to run such a session and it on this Saturday evening / Sunday morning depending on where you live.

Exact local time details:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150117T21

Format:

This is not a traditional multi player session.

This will be a step by step look at a problem in the planning window, where we will look at the guiding principles for such an activity.

There will be scope for Questions throughout.

Suggested reading before hand/bring with you:

Defensive Operations - Principles and Considerations 3.023

OCOKA 3.023

Task Verbs 3.023

All of which can be obtained here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16426 Beginning at Post 49

Once the planning/discussion phase is complete we will conduct the initial part of the mission (encountering the Combat Reconnaissance Patrol(s) and Vanguard).

Again we will use "pause and resume" to stop the action and discuss.

This mission itself is just a teaching tool to cover concepts that you can then apply yourself to terrain, vehicles, enemy as required, so you don't need to be super experienced in a given vehicle/weapon.

The BLUEFOR have M1A2 SEP (with CITV disabled), some ASLAVs and the Infantry is bolstered by a couple of Javelin teams, if you want to practice prior.

OPFOR has a Motor Rifle Battalion but that doesn't matter as we will stop it before the main body arrives, in line with the idea of this being in simple "bite sized" pieces.

So you have the time and date.

Other details:

Meet on Steel Beasts' TS Server - "Q&A - The tank hanger" channel within BG ANZAC

Server IP: Will be advised to those in the TS channel on the day.

Version required to participate: 3.023 (or later if the Hotfix is published by then), 64Bit

No audio or video recording permitted.

For those who may wish to download the scenario file beforehand, we are using the "Soviet" mission file from here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/268/p13_fileid/2282

I know its only six days away, but please register your interest or inability in this thread so I can get a feel for the size (or lack of) the audience.

Hope to see you bright and early Sunday morning my time. :)

Edited by Gibsonm
Removed IP details

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know its only six days away, but please register your interest or inability in this thread so I can get a feel for the size (or lack of) the audience.

OK so having moved it to this time slot because supposedly it would garner more attendance, 24hours later I've had 54 people read it but not record any interest one way or another.

Indeed there has been more interest regarding the supposed sexual orientation of some people in another thread during the same period.

Now I know Crusty can't make it so I wasn't expecting a response from him, but at this rate I'll scrub it, if I don't get some sort of response in the next 24hours.

Crusty, Hedge, Tjay, given this was originally devised for UK Armour's benefit, if I do scrub it tomorrow, do you want to run it at your next meeting on Wednesday night (your time)?

Edited by Gibsonm
Added quote for context

If you are up for doing it during the following Wednesday's UKA session instead, that's fine by me. But turnout is likely to be low.

Well if it moves to UK Armour, I was planning on this Wednesday (pre operation for some and post Hedge getting new fangled Internet).

"low" is better than "none", which is where we were when I made the post. :)

So from the results so far:

3 + 1 (possible) for the 17th?

1 + ? for the 14th (i.e. UK Armour focused).

Crusty, Hedge, Tjay, given this was originally devised for UK Armour's benefit, if I do scrub it tomorrow, do you want to run it at your next meeting on Wednesday night (your time)?

Hedge, at the risk of suggesting "he doth protest too much", any chance you can scale back your interest in Scandinavian sexual orientation and make a contribution to this thread? ;)

Specifically the question quoted.

Mark, I would like to go for this Saturday, the 17th. Crusty's op is now delayed until Feb; it gives Hedge a few more days to sort out his sexuality issues - sorry, internet issues; and we are more likely to pick up latecomers at a weekend than mid week. OK by you?

Mark, I would like to go for this Saturday, the 17th. Crusty's op is now delayed until Feb; it gives Hedge a few more days to sort out his sexuality issues - sorry, internet issues; and we are more likely to pick up latecomers at a weekend than mid week. OK by you?

Well if most of the people coming are from UK Armour then I'd prefer to do it on Thursday morning instead of ruining one of my rare Sunday morning sleep ins.

If most are non UK Armour then Sunday morning it is.

But I'll be "disappointed" (refer Fish Called Wanda) if I'm there on Sunday morning, trying to keep the noise down so as to not wake my wife and find that 80% of the audience are UK Armour people.

Well if most of the people coming are from UK Armour then I'd prefer to do it on Thursday morning instead of ruining one of my rare Sunday morning sleep ins.

If most are non UK Armour then Sunday morning it is.

But I'll be "disappointed" (refer Fish Called Wanda) if I'm there on Sunday morning, trying to keep the noise down so as to not wake my wife and find that 80% of the audience are UK Armour people.

For Wednesday you would almost certainly just have just me, Crusty and Hedge as there has been no response from other UKA members. For Saturday you would have us three plus - at the moment - Brun and KingTiger, with latecomers more likely for the Saturday (your Sunday). But I appreciate your concerns and leave it to you to make the call.

OK. Hedge can't reliably make Wednesday and Crusty can't make this Saturday, and the Saturday following that (24th) is the Finnish Campaign. So if Mark is amenable I'd like to pencil it in for the Saturday after that, the 31st, as I think we have a much better chance of getting a reasonable number of attendees at the weekend rather than mid week.

Tjay,

The dates I offered were after I checked my diary.

Pretty sure I mentioned that I'd be working for a fair few of those weekends (LT Default isn't the only one).

The only options are:

Option A: Wednesday the 14th

Option B: Saturday the 17th

That's it.

This is why I wanted to do it earlier rather than later.