"SKJALDBORG" FINLAND campaign mission2

Grenny

Mission (real)Time and date: 242100Zjan15 (24th of january 2015, at 21:00 GMT)

Map and Blue force for planning and area recon.

Please note that the 2 batteries on map are meant to be one.

I use 12 Tube as a workaround to the RoF problem in SB

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21395

Callsigns on map are still generic.

I'll see If changing them to a swedish setup is workable, or if the more US-ish style is better for gameplay.

skjaldborg_MAP_zip.d4f0709e972bd142a549c

skjaldborg_MAP.zip

Edited by Grenny

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

102100Zjan19

Due to the successful infiltration/recon mission of the UK/FIN/DK/NO patrols, HQ has been able to predict enemy movments correctly. FINBAT has been able to ambush 2 enemy companies(+) in the area of HUNTTULA and to destroy them.

After that FINBAT fell back, and moved into prepared defensive positions along the line SOPANEN-SELÄNPÄÄairfield-VOUHIJÄRVI.

ENEMY forces in FINBAT AOR are currently reorganizing. Enemy CRPs are probing FINBATs security line.

a BN size attack by elements of the MechRgt(BTR) is expected at 1st light on 11jan19.

100000Zjan19

SWECOY, the swedish detachment from the "P7" Rgt. was 1st in the order of march of the NBG units. They arrived in their AOR south of SOPANEN at around 2330Z. The engineers where already inplace to set up obstacles and preparing defensive positions. CO and platoon leader started area recon right away, while the XO coordinated repairs/replen/rest and calibration to the newly delivered GE ammo.

The mission for SWECOY is this:

-establish a time limited defence on the right of FINBAT along a line just west of KEISANMÄKI-URO

IOT delay and degrade the ENY forces

-depending on situation fall back fighting or disengage IOT draw enemy west into the EA

between MULTAMÄKI-KORVENLAITA

-destroy ENY lead BN

-do not allow enemy units to reach the railway line

-"STREIJKE",Danish battery is planed to be ready to engage at 110300Zjan19,

-2 JFST from "STREIJKE" have be tasked to support SWECOY

-Mortar company of FINBAT can support with ~130 rounds HE, 90 rounds of WP

-NO one battery MRLS (8-Launchers) have deployed, 3 FASCAM missions are ready at your command

DANCOY(from 1st battalion Jydske Dragonregiment, 2 plt from II/JDR attached) has been delayed by Refugee movements along the road will not arrive before 111000Zjan19.

DANCOY will deploy for defence on SWECOYS right as soon they arrive

110300Zjan

-FIN Long range recon teams report supply truck movement towards Arty positions near MYLLYMÄKI

110400Zjan

-DK-long range recon teams report movement of at least 15 BMP3 and 8 T-90 tanks southwest from the staging area near UUTELA.

110400Zjan

-1st plt SWE, on security patrol towards SOPANEN engages and destoys 2x BRDM-2,

Crew of both BRDM killed instantly, no maps inside the vehicles, but radio setting remained unchanged, S2 and Sig-Int ldr are very happy :-)

110430Zjan

-DK-long range recon teams report engineers vehicles passing south west through UUTELA

110600Zjan

-sentinel units from FINBAT engage a CRP of 3 T-90, near Grid8907 6587, destroying 1, 2 Fall back

110800Zjan

-S2 warns: ENEMY attack starting in the next 30 minutes

=> SWECOY moves into their forward positions.

At 0820Z SWECOY reports: ready for combat

Edited by Grenny

*disclaimer Staffing list is Work-in-progress. Your spots have been reserved. Finnal decision will be up to the CO of the mission as soon as he steps forward ;-)

Also native language setup to ease platoon-C2 will be considered.

SWECOY

CO:Kingtiger

XO:Zipuli

1st plt(Strv122):

-TC:Falli

GNR:

-TC: Erazor

GNR:

-TC: Ricopico

GNR:

2nd plt(Strv122):

-TC: 507 (Froggy and Friends)

GNR:

-TC: 507

GNR:

-TC: 507

GNR:

3rd plt(CV9040C+1Bill-1 Team per plt):

-TC: Duke

-TC: 12 ALFA

-TC:Crusty

*placeholder, coordination of staffing ongoing

4rd plt(CV9040C+1Bill-1 Team per plt):

-TC:MDF

GNR:

-TC:Tacbat

GNR:

-TC:Connough

GNR:

-Bill-1:Tjay

CSS plt(ARV/Med/Supply): Gibson, Tac197

Artillery

JFST1:Hedgehog

JFST2:Eisenschwein

NO-Recon plt LMV

-Grenny

-Fragged

-Haukka81/ Moka

("CNN"(optional)----)

Edited by Grenny

I always new that "tankies" have an too simple intelect to use armoured Inf.-equipment properly ;-)

Ok, CSS for you

No, its the limitless ammunition natures, all the switches are in a different language, etc.

Then the grunts will get out and I'll find you have given them Spike or some other toy that didn't make it into the Briefing. :)

Oh and the XO offer is still there if you are short of people. :)

3rd or 4th plt for me, happy with Plt Leader.

Just be aware we phased out bill-2 in 2014 and they haven't been used in cv coys for many years. Our best at asset right now is nlaw (rb57) in the squads and tow 2 (the one with dubble warhead top attack version) in the battalion.

/kt

3rd or 4th plt for me, happy with Plt Leader.

Just be aware we phased out bill-2 in 2014 and they haven't been used in cv coys for many years. Our best at asset right now is nlaw (rb57) in the squads and tow 2 (the one with dubble warhead top attack version) in the battalion.

/kt

Thanks for the Info. The plts will have a rb57 system too.

I like realism in the force setup, but I'm not reluctant to sacrifice it(a bit) for "game" reasons :-P (you'll see that in mission 3 too)

The Bill system was too seldom used in MP games and I wanted to change that.

Besides, given the LOS ranges on this map, the Bill will be up to the job and its Top-attack warhead is capable of defeating the tgts.

Lets just say: 2019 are desperate times. Not enough TOW available for all. Bill systems not sold or delaborated yet, where tested for reliability and then delivered to the units :-D

Well considering the reality we live in now putting RB56 (as its called here) in service again in a crisis isn't to far fetched. We still dont have a replacer so right now we have a gap in AT ability between rb 57 (max 600) and TOW (rb 55 here).

And in SB its a very easy ATGM to use for persons that does not focus much on ATGMs, just hit spacebar and keep crosshair on target untill boom.

So yeah, good choice :thumbup:

I take JFST 1 :diable:

Or if that's veto'd

I'll have 4th platoon.

(And If I have to share, I'm having the BILL squad.)

And if that's Veto'd

I do the CNN bit.

(I might actually do that anyway, I'll check/test my rig.)

Reporting to you live from somwhere in Finland....

"Thank you Steve,

We are currantly in the Swedish deployment area, as you can see they are preparing for an action, however the CO has not informed us what type of action they are currently preparing for, but I can tell you that we expect this action to take place very soon, for now back to you in the studio."

I have read an artikle stating that the south scania rgt would be switching to a light inf. role and giving away their strv and cv90 in the near future?

Well you are not totally wrong, but only 71st Bn, 72nd Bn still holds CV90B/C (mostly been seeing Bs actually)

71st Bn is the Regiments Full time force (right now its core battalion of the Nordic Battle Group) who are motorised infantry Battalion with Patgb 360.

72nd Bn is the Regiments part time force with CV90B and are a mechanized infantry Battalion.

The 7th Light infantry Battalion is station at K3 and Livgardet, and got nothing with P7 to do :)

*What I love with our full time/part time units is that full time Bn have part time units in them and the part time units have full time units in them. Just to mix it all up and confuse it nicely... :c:

/KT

*What I love with our full time/part time units is that full time Bn have part time units in them and the part time units have full time units in them. Just to mix it all up and confuse it nicely... :c:

/KT

"1st platoon?"

"Sorry Sir, they're at their dayjobs."

"Gaah! 2nd Platoon?"

"Shift workers, sir."

"3rd?"

"They're over there."

A tank, tank you!

I've received crew cabin simulation training for the 122 so I am qualified... sort of ;)

By the way, if the Finns ever get to fight here, our heavy gear in 2019 will be Leo2A6FIN. I guess the closest one is Leo 2A5 with DM53 ammo? The Leopardo has the longer barrel, but also the heavy roof armour...

A tank, tank you!

I've received crew cabin simulation training for the 122 so I am qualified... sort of ;)

By the way, if the Finns ever get to fight here, our heavy gear in 2019 will be Leo2A6FIN. I guess the closest one is Leo 2A5 with DM53 ammo? The Leopardo has the longer barrel, but also the heavy roof armour...

But the FI winterskin looks so cool and there is none for the 2A5 :-(

Edited by Grenny