"SKJALDBORG" FINLAND campaign mission2

Grenny

Im coordinating volunteers from GE side also.

Would the Crew of plt-2(Tacbat/Tjay/Connaugh) like to try out the mighty CV9040 instead? Plus: you'd also get an ATGM team :-)

PM with the same Q sent to Froggy.

Normaly I'd say 1st come first serve, but on both sides the hand came up pretty much at the same time :-/

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would the Crew of plt-2(Tacbat/Tjay/Connaugh) like to try out the mighty CV9040 instead? Plus: you'd also get an ATGM team :-)

Normaly I'd say 1st come first serve, but on both sides the hand came up pretty much at the same time :-/

Fine by me. I bid for a CV90 in the first place. :clin:

I can move to a CV90.

Connaugh

Grenny, you might like to reconsider multi-crewing. Having had some experience of this recently with DoW, I found that although it can increase combat effectivess it does so ONLY if the crew are properly trained and have worked together before. Untrained, adhoc crews are a recipe for err, disappointment. It is not as easy as it looks. Well practiced turret drills and a firm comms SOP are essential.

Just me 5c. :)

Greetings,

Staffing list has been updated.

Not everyone will get what he wants, please check if you OK with the post given.

WE STILL NEED A FEARLESS LEADER!

Really not happy to multicrew with someone I've not previously trained with - particularly in the CV9040. (See previous post). Any alternatives?

I'd be happy to gun for someone in a CV90.

Edit: Above comment was not meant as a rebuke to Tjay, whose comment I had not read prior to posting. :)

Anyway, Tjay does have a point about familiarity with other human crew members. To that end, I humbly offer the attached training mission. You select the vehicle of your choice, which then moves along a predetermined path (i.e. the driver position is disabled), and you locate and engage a variety of targets. All ENY are set to "impotent." Note that the mission is unfinished -- the scoring does not work -- but it would be perfectly useful for practicing gunner/TC coordination.

So, if I am in fact assigned to gun for someone, I'd be happy to have an online practice session of 30 minutes or so prior to the main mission, using either the attached mission or another suitable one.

56e83d11caba5_TCpositionexercisev0.14(gu

TC position exercise v0.14 (gunner enabled).rar

Edited by MDF

Really not happy to multicrew with someone I've not previously trained with - particularly in the CV9040. (See previous post). Any alternatives?

Well I think the latest, granted its a work in progress, has you running the dismounts (if I'm not mistaken) in 4 Platoon:

4rd plt(CV9040C+1Bill-1 Team per plt):

-TC:Kingtiger

GNR:

-TC:Tacbat

GNR:

-TC:Connough

GNR:

-Bill-1:Tjay

So the only multi-crew bit would be when you are outside working with the vehicles, when it would be just like working with another vehicle.

The only on board thing I could think of would be standing up and looking outside and the passengers can't control that anyway.

110800Zjan

-S2 warns: ENEMY attack starting in the next 30 minutes

=> SWECOY moves into their forward positions.

At 0820Z SWECOY reports: ready for combat

So game time starts 08:20 in the morning with ENY contact likely within 10min if i get this right?

Mission is time limited defence IOT delay or degrade ENY forces. There is no time limit for the limited defence? "defend until XXXX".

FASCAM TRP are not movable, are they fixed with purpose or willI be able to move them to where I want them?