RedWardancer

How about adding Battalion unit designations?

Instead of the typical Co-A and so on, Why not "Bn-Co", "Bn-XO" and "HHC-scouts" and so on? For those massive battalion and brigade level scenarios, it would make the organization and identification more accurate and realistic.

Can't you already change the callsigns through the mission editor to whatever you want?

Can't you already change the callsigns through the mission editor to whatever you want?

Allow me to translate. What Tacbat meant to say was:

"You can already change the callsigns through the mission editor to whatever you want."

Well kind of still. If you in the editor enable "OPTION > FRIENDLY ID"

you do get "callsigns on vehicles" to easy recognition in 3D environment. Looking like this when you hit "shift" button and looking at a friendly unit:

callsign_zpsc12239ea.jpg~original

/KT

Well I was trying to keep it simple. :)

Of course if you want to throw out your AFV recognition guide and have a built in IFF tool, up to you (or at least the mission designer). ;)

Gave it a whirl and I like it. Works great for those battalion and larger units for TGIF. I understand that you wanted simplicity. Oh well. I have work to do for scenario/campaign building...:cool3:

Of course if you want to throw out your AFV recognition guide and have a built in IFF tool, up to you

It was a quick and dirty hack to work around the need for tactical decals and individual pack plants that were visually recognizable. I promoted the latter solution, but the Australian Army opted for this ID thing.

Just for the record...

It was a quick and dirty hack to work around the need for tactical decals and individual pack plants that were visually recognizable. I promoted the latter solution, but the Australian Army opted for this ID thing.

Just for the record...

guess that was the cheaper...uh, sorry: the more economic solution ;-)