Thinking about returning after many years...

Bahger

Sorry I may have injected some confusion.

You'll need to send two emails (I'll try and forward yours on, once I can read it).

1. One to Ssnake to sort out the underlying issues - permanent solution.

2. One to me (as you have done - I'll read it when I get home) so I can send you details on how to borrow one of my licenses while Ssnake sorts out the underlying issue - intermediate fix to get you going.

I needed you to send me an email so I could email you the directions to access the loan license. :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
OK, installed files, plugged in dongle, updated dongle hardware but I do not know how to start the game or register any license, although I have read the various posts. When I get to the web site linked in the email from eSim for the 3.0 license (using Chrome, dongle plugged in) I get this error message:

Error: The license cannot be transferred into this CmContainer. Please choose a different CmContainer and try again. Error Code = 0x18080003

Chances are, you somehow selected the virtual CM container when trying to activate the ticket (serial code 32767-xxxxxxxxxx). In the drop-down menu of the web page, pick the other serial code (1-xxxxxxx or 2-xxxxxxx) which belongs to the physical CodeMeter stick.

Upgrade licenses only work with physical CM sticks that already have a Steel Beasts license on them.

Virtual CM containers are suitable exclusively for time-based licenses.

Chances are, you somehow selected the virtual CM container when trying to activate the ticket (serial code 32767-xxxxxxxxxx). In the drop-down menu of the web page, pick the other serial code (1-xxxxxxx or 2-xxxxxxx) which belongs to the physical CodeMeter stick.

Upgrade licenses only work with physical CM sticks that already have a Steel Beasts license on them.

Virtual CM containers are suitable exclusively for time-based licenses.

Ssnake, the only licence number that is selectable in the web page for the link I received with the 3.0 license is for the plugged in stick and is 1-xxxxxxx. Attempting to activate that (in two separate browsers) produces the following error message:

Error: The license cannot be transferred into this CmContainer. Please choose a different CmContainer and try again. Error Code = 0x18080003

CodeMeter shows both devices, physical and virtual, and, when I acticate them, creates a file in my User folder that, apparently, I need to send to you by email but I have no email address for this function.

I do not have the email that came with the purchase of my SB Pro PE dongle and DVD in 2006 but I have the invoice.

Sean also mentioned this solution earlier in the thread.

I think this is the cause of your problem:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=20033

Ssnake:

d) You want to activate a single upgrade license and get an error message about an "unsatisfied constraint" with error code 0x18080003

You probably have a first generation CodeMeter stick from a purchase made in 2006 or 2007.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=248836&postcount=56

Ssnake:

A license for SB Pro 2.4, 2.5, or 2.6 is required to upgrade to version 3.0 (otherwise an upgrade ticket cannot be activated).

if you have never purchased an upgrade for SB Pro PE you can't add the 3.0 license to your Codemeter dongle.

this can be fixed, Ssnake will have to help you.

I think this is the cause of your problem:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=20033

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=248836&postcount=56

if you have never purchased an upgrade for SB Pro PE you can't add the 3.0 license to your Codemeter dongle.

this can be fixed, Ssnake will have to help you.

Thank you for this. It appears that, because my original license is so old, I either have to purchase a secondary license or get help from Ssnake. I have emailed Ssnake (and he has been in here) so I guess I'll wait to hear from him before I get that secondary license. I have no problem with spending the $25 as long as I know that it will solve my problem.

ssnake's email address is his user name at esimgames.com .

You can check what licenses are already on your stick by using the WebAdmin function in the CodeMeter Control Center. Go to the Content tab, and then the Licences subtab and select your CodeMeter stick in the CmContainer drop-down. You should get something like what mine shows:

xXS1A9n.jpg

Oh, and one thing I just realized you might have been doing: If you see the dongle in your list of drives, don't try to copy the license there or expect to see any files in it. That is there because the CodeMeter dongles can also act as a regular USB flash drive along with the DRM functions, as some have a usable amount of flash memory.

Ok, many thanks, pls indicate recepit of email.
Sorry, not seen yet.

Have sent you one. Assuming you receive it, please reply (to the email, not here). :)

OK so now I've received four emails from you (they arrived between 0200 and 0430, its now 0545 here). :)

That did it! Effortless! Thanks! It will be good to be back.

Does this mean you are up and running and therefore I don't need to worry?