Thinking about returning after many years...

Bahger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problems. SB installer reports corrupted files and wants me to re-download.

Extracting files to temporary folder

Extracting from SBProPE3_025.part1.exe

Checksum error in setup-1.bin

Unexpected end of archive

Packed data checksum error in setup-1.bin

Extracting from SBProPE3_025.part2.rar

Unexpected end of archive

Packed data checksum error in setup-1.bin

Extracting from SBProPE3_025.part3.rar

Extracting from SBProPE3_025.part4.rar

Extracting from SBProPE3_025.part5.rar

So are you using some sort of download accelerator or similar?

Sorry no idea what "Avira AV" is, but if its some sort of firewall/anti virus software, try turning it off for the duration of the download.

Certainly apart from the initial issue (which would have been fixed by the time you have tried) I've had no issues, and I guess no one else has either, given the lack of posts. ;)

Could well be. :)

Never heard of "TR/Dropper.Gen7" either.

Once its all downloaded you can double click on the "SBProPE3_025.part1.exe" and it will decompress the other parts and commence the install process (this is where you can specify where it is installed).

This will also install DirectX 9.0c and upgrade your copy of the code meter software if required.

Then its a case of waiting for the email after you purchase the upgrade with the activation code link (don't forget to check you junk mail / spam folder). ;)

OK, installed files, plugged in dongle, updated dongle hardware but I do not know how to start the game or register any license, although I have read the various posts. When I get to the web site linked in the email from eSim for the 3.0 license (using Chrome, dongle plugged in) I get this error message:

Error: The license cannot be transferred into this CmContainer. Please choose a different CmContainer and try again. Error Code = 0x18080003

OK, installed files, plugged in dongle, updated dongle hardware but I do not know how to start the game or register any license, although I have read the various posts. When I get to the web site linked in the email from eSim for the 3.0 license (using Chrome, dongle plugged in) I get this error message:

Error: The license cannot be transferred into this CmContainer. Please choose a different CmContainer and try again. Error Code = 0x18080003

Pretty sure there is a post somewhere about that, basically don't use Chrome.

Licensing is not done in the software but via the web.

As for starting the software (after you license it) use the shortcut in the Start menu or the "cm" file (either "SBProPE64cm" or "SBProPEcm")

located here:

G:\Games\SB Pro PE 3.025\Release (or your E:\ equivalent)

Won't work in IE either. Is there supposed to be an .exe in the folder where the game installed to?

You are now muddling two different things.

1. The licensing is done via your email / browser. There is no executable for licensing.

2. There are two executables installed (that have nothing to do with licensing) used to start the application itself, depending on whether you need the 32bit or 64 bit versions.

As mentioned previously:

As for starting the software (after you license it) use the shortcut in the Start menu or the "cm" file (either "SBProPE64cm" or "SBProPEcm")

located here:

G:\Games\SB Pro PE 3.025\Release (or your E:\ equivalent)

Won't work in IE either. Is there supposed to be an .exe in the folder where the game installed to? I found the 64x .exe but am getting license failure messages. Sigh. There is no content in the file on the dongle called "CM Stick".

Yes sort out the licensing first, otherwise the executable will not run (sort of the point really).

Did you read this post too:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=20033

Yes, I apologise for the confusion. I am trying to activate the licence link sent to me when I purchased the 3.0 license. I get the above error message in every browser. Perhaps my old license is no longer valid and I will have to pay for a new code key after all.

Also - please follow steps 5 and 6 on the post below to upgrade the firmware on your codemeter stick.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19638&highlight=upgrade+codemeter+stick

I did that but it didn't help. I guess it cannot find a license within the CM folder on the dongle, which is empty. If I used this gadget to install SB Pro PE on a previous PC (I honestly cannot remember if I did) would this empty that file and require me to buy a new key and a new USB device?

OK but when I try to start the SB Pro PE Pro game via the 64x executable, with the dongle plugged in, I get a "License Failure" notification. The only email I have received from eSim is for the 3.0 license and the link in that will not work, as described. I seem to be out of options. There is a piece missing, I think, which may be something to do with my original license notification from years ago. Does that make sense?

Perhaps what I need to do is invest in a short-term license for the game just to see if I can get it up and running that way, now that I have all the files, the 3.0 license and CodeMeter up and running...

• Administrators

No, its not empty. I'm guessing the license is so old that the upgrade will not apply without ssnake's intervention. There are two dongles there, a virtual one and a physical one.

Email ssnake and he will get you squared away.

Very much obliged, GibsonM. I am sending you an email via the form for "Send a message via email" in your profile, I hope that is ok. I assume you will forward it to Ssnake. I will attempt to lay out the situation as clearly as I can so that Ssnake understands the issue without having to scratch his head too hard.