FINLAND campaign mission 3:KOLMESATAAKUUSIKYMMENTÄ

Grenny

* disclaimer: I know I knowthe sce plays in 2019, and the Fins have scrapped their T-72 fleet. But the model just look too cool in the Winter cammo, and I want to have it in the mission :-D

Lets just say:_Dire times need desperate measures. So a few reservists reactivated some museum pieces and gate-guardians, equiped them with captured enemy ammo and made them combat ready. Ok? :-D

Thescenario name is a hint at the direction an Inf company usually prepares to defend. ;-)

100830Zjan19

1st company(+) FINBAT at SELÄNPÄÄ airfield

While the swedes in the south are under attck an BTR-Rgt is advancing west. During the night FINBAT was able to conduct 2 ambushes and destroy the enemy vanguards (2 companies)

Your company was able to destroy the bulk of an enemy BTR company, taking only 4 WIA.

You have pulled back and are now moving into the prepared defences at the airfield. The engineers did a good job. That and the success of the night gave your men a huge morale boost.

To your left 3rd company has taken Positions in VOUHIJÄRVY and to your right, 2nd company secured the left Flank of SWECOY.

You have been reeforced by the BN AT-platoon as HQ expects the enemy MAIN effort at the airport. Also an reservist platoon of T-72s is moving toward you position. They are expected to be here at around 0900Z.

ENEMY

...they are pushing forward a fresh BN(+) to attack the airfield while theirsecond BN is expected to try to bind left and right neigbor for the attack.

We expect and mounted and dismounted attack on the airfield at dawn.

Enemy cmmand aim ist likely to be to secure the right flank of Divisions main assault(by the BMP-Rgt) an capture the airfield for own use.

Misssion:

Hold the airfield!

Neutralize the enemy BN attack.

Support

Fires:

-Main effort for the mortar company : we get 9 tubes 120mm, 34 round HE 6 round WP each tube.(note: 2S1 used as mortar stand in, so the FO can choose between the company's mortar platoon and the mortar company)

-company mortar plt (3x81mm) at full strenght and combat ready

-Engineers

- dugout for the APC's are prepared

- we have 1 minefield that can be deployed in the planning phase

-4 steel beam obstacles

-5 blast charges (IED number 1-5, triggerd by triggers 1-5, so be careful what you place where!!)

COM/SIG/coordination:

-game time: 072100Zfeb19

-TS: steelbeasts.org

-TS PW: kettenpolster

Staffing list will follow.

Apply for a seat with a PM to me!! (no posting to that effect here please, only post questions in regard to the mission!)

Questions?

56e83d12121a6_Kolmesataakuusikymment_map

Kolmesataakuusikymmentä_map.zip

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Thank you all for the PM's received so far. I'll update the staffing list tomorow.

Command platoon:

-CO (1): Zipuli

-Xo(5): Gibson

-Recon team 1(1xLMV): Tango29

-Recon team 2(1xLMV):

-AT-section (1xAPC 2x NLAW) Falli

1st plt (A) 3x APC: Tacom, Fragged

2nd plt (B) 3x APC: 12ALFA, Tac 197

3rd plt © 3x APC: Tacbat, Darklabor, TOM

AT-plt 4xAPC 4x NLAW, 4xSPIKE ER: Connaugh (Kingtiger)

Mortar plt: Kingtiger

T-72 plt: Duke, Hedgehog, MDF, Tjay

Edited by Grenny

Oh! Oh! Oh!

T-72! T-72! T-72!

Over here!

Over here!

*Hops excitedly*

(I have't even fully read Grenny's post yet.)

Edit:

OK, now I have.

PM sent

Can I request of those considering a T-72,

Get some practice time using this beast?

I may even hold a practice session prior to this.

Go the whole hog work as a platoon, fire as a platoon, spotting fall of shot.

And have proper team playing capabilities, no TGIF antics please.

Mini SVU time.

:)

No problem, we'll just penny packet them out, one tank per Infantry Platoon. :)

Penny Packets??!!!?

What do you think T-72s are??!!

Assualt Guns??

The T-72 is a glorious instrument of Soviet....ness.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I want Zip as my Wingman....No negotiations.

:)

Can we have a future scenario where we have a lot of T-72s on Blue?

Show them how you really do a "battalion bitchslap".

"Git Orf Moi LAND! OooAaaR!"

Finland has suddenly become the English West Country.

Did the Finnish T-72 crews hold the T-72 in high regard or where they derogatory about its Capability's.

50/50, after the Desert Storm ;-)

They did know the limitations and shortcomings, but could also see beyond them. After all, it was a nice tank with good performance back in the day. Add to that our terrain that would make Desert Storm -style slugfests very difficult to pull out...

50/50, after the Desert Storm ;-)

They did know the limitations and shortcomings, but could also see beyond them. After all, it was a nice tank with good performance back in the day. Add to that our terrain that would make Desert Storm -style slugfests very difficult to pull out...

Thanks for the reply Zipuli.

One sees and reads so much biased or deliberate misinformation about soviet/Russian Equipment Its hard to establish fact from fiction.

I remember reading a comment where you were complimentary about the auto cannon The BMP-2. yet I had read is was inaccurate and prone to jamming.

Sorry for going off topic Grenny.

They are part of the command platoon. Zipuli told me they'd equiped with Landrover. LMV is a stand in

I use the Frod 4x4 Technical.......the LMV is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too posh.

Landy's a POS, a charming POS but a POS.

Bad heater, it leaks in random places and it rusts before your very eyes (well the older ones do anyway).

The 2.25l petrol engine has a rep for being "bombproof" at least.