Instant action IFV vs multiple tanks?

macieksoft

In instant action scenarios when we are in IFV such as Pizzarro our enemies are including tanks, multiple tanks.

Do you really think that Pizzarro is a tank destroyer with its 30mm gun? We do not even have ATGM infantry inside!!!

Even more funny thing is that M3A2 has a TOW, but there are no tanks to shoot at in instant action scenario for M3A2.

It looks like somebody turned Steel Beasts world up side down.

Such Pizzarro vs tanks scenario usually ends as soon as we get first tank round. But its getting even worse when you survive that and second tank comes to make this horrible day even worse...

You can only try to troll them by destroying sights, but its hard to do from 2 clicks. For the tank its very easy to destroy us from 2 clicks as we are nothing more than practically unarmed ducks...

Such Pizzarro is even easier target than infantry cause its much bigger target!

30mm vs tank.... Oh men....

30mm vs tank.... You must be drunk....

...I would be happy if gunner of this tank would be also drunk...

30mm vs tank...

...It used to be a fun house...

...We are just a ducky clowns...

The strangest thing is that its up side down.

How it is in SB:

-In M3A2 scenario there are no tanks = nothing special to shoot TOW at.

-In Pizzarro scenario there are tanks that makes us ducks.

-Its much like BF3 where APC/IFV is forced to troll tanks :c:

How it should be:

-Few tanks in M3A2 scenario to give them some TOWs ;)

-No damn tanks in Pizzarro scenario.

• Moderators

Yeah, not sure how that happened. I will fix all of that (and give the Pizarro troops so that it is like the other IA scenarios). I also see that a few other IFV scenarios don't have troops as well. They seem to be a minority, I will fix those too, of course.

I guess at some point the original idea was for IA scenario PCs to not have troops, but it seems only fair to give them troops. Also, it seems like the majority have them anyway.

• Moderators
Yeah, not sure how that happened. I will fix all of that (and give the Pizarro troops so that it is like the other IA scenarios). I also see that a few other IFV scenarios don't have troops as well. They seem to be a minority, I will fix those too, of course.

I guess at some point the original idea was for IA scenario PCs to not have troops, but it seems only fair to give them troops. Also, it seems like the majority have them anyway.

Fixed for the next update.

Will those troops have ATGM? Or maybe they will carry useless RPGs and rifles*?

-RPG do not has enough range to be used in IA.

-Rifles are even more useless, even shorter range and OFC cannot penetrate any armor.

-AGL has not enough range aswell.

-HMG can be sometimes useful but it must be 12,7 and it would be good to have SLAP or API.

-RWS operator could be fun, OFC with 12,7 SLAP or some API.

-ATGM team would be best idea, very useful thing. You can even make them a real killers and put 2 ATGM squads in single vehicle.

• Moderators

They will carry their default troops of course, and that decision is set in stone. The IA scenarios are about the vehicle, not the troops.

I don't know what to say if you think RPGs are useless. They are at least better than no troops at all. Most importantly you can use them to observe the bridges to your front.

I prefer to use them as mineplow and let them die on minefield as they are useless ;)

IIRC bridges are too far for RPGs. At least please make sure you select warheads with the biggest range.

I know its about vehicle, but if you don't like ATGM you can always let them sit in vehicle.

And would be nice if IA scenarios could be editable.

Anyway de fault is the fault :D

Why? Because default RPG is much like this: the guy who thinks that doing it this way will increase range, he saied more propellant in tube = bigger range

I would be happy if there would be option to aim and fire RPG by myself just like HMG. I could use them to destroy my vehicle and then to destroy my buddies to let them know that with this range they can only teamkill others...

• Moderators

I am not sure what to say to you.

As I said, the scenario is about the VEHICLE. The infantry can be used for observation, so that you can watch the enemy at the bridges rather than sitting on the hill in your IFV and getting shot at. Also, you may not know it, but if the enemy gets past the bridges, then they will advance onto your position. I think that infantry with RPGs would come in handy in that case, and you probably are also not aware that they can reload their RPGs if they load back up in the vehicle. They are certainly better than not having them.

Other than that, the infantry will be default, they will not be ATGM teams or anything else. The only other change that may be made is the infantry may all get removed if I am told that the original intent was not to have infantry. The reason I added them in is simply because some scenarios had them, and some did not. That said, there are only two choices here: no infantry or default infantry.

Personally, I do not care what you use the infantry for. You can use them to walk into the minefield, run into enemy bullets, or you can be smart and put them around the vehicle for when the enemy closes in on your position. If you think they are useless, then do not unload them.

I have nothing anything else to say on this subject.

They won't walk into a known minefield anyway.

Their main purpose would be close-range protection for the IFV.

Close range protection for IFV is provided by minefield itself. Its good for me that mines cannot recognize enemies and friendlies so this minefield will not let enemies to get too close.

And is there any way to edit IA scenarios in editor?

The full path is: "C:\Users\All Users\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\InstAct". Not that it will help, as the scenarios are passworded, but I have unprotected versions of this scenario from versions 2.251 and 2.262 if anyone wants them and Ssnake doesn't mind. These spawn tanks only, but can be freely edited.

Can anyone PM password to me?

Well I thought it was pretty clear - No.

That's why they are password protected, so people don't fool with them.

This was mentioned to you already in posts 15 - 18 above:

For one, they're password protected. :D
...and it's a good one.

and that is why Tacbat suggested:

Of course, there's no password on the mission editor, so you could create your own version if you were willing to put forth the effort.

So if you want your own customised version you need to build your own, from scratch - not adjust/modify, etc. the pre-existing ones.