Instant action IFV vs multiple tanks?

macieksoft

With the source and drain regions you can make similar scenarios easily. Attached is one I just made to practice with the Spike LR. Just load it in the editor and change the optional weapon for the missile team if you want to practice a different ATGM. You'll need Zipuli's Niinisalo Training Area to open it in the editor (specifically, you need the height file.)

ATGM_practice_zip.2ffcab19df8048b3a7a328

ATGM_practice.zip

• Moderators
Ah, you can make your own proper instant action scenarios, even without source and drain regions:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=214280&postcount=6

Yes, just make waypoint and routes, and do not assign a unit to route into it (so they will be stand alone routes and waypoints). Then place some red vehicle on that said, not as prototypes, not as "spawn if", just place them on the map. The more of one type you place, the more you will see. Also, the size of the unit matters, because that is the size they will be created.

Once you put the scenario in the InstAct folder, SB will treat it differently and cause the enemy units to be created at the waypoints at the head of each route chain.

We did this so to keep results comparable if someone starts to brag about his achievements here.

Looks like that SB PRO PE is becoming arcade game. Who knows, maybe some big arcade companies like EA will want to buy Esim Games and they will pay you a lot of money and you will become Bill Gates for a while ;-)

Good luck with comparing results you COD KID :D

I can only wait for some other one who will call me noob because of my score, just like in BF3...

Oh god, where is this world going....

....Military simulations becoming arcade games....

....Military vehicles beginning to use gamepads....

....Soldiers instead of shooting range targets shooting xboxes...

Just a joke...

...Or else...

I think they all are password protected (good luck trying to guess it). We did this so to keep results comparable if someone starts to brag about his achievements here.

That being said, you can of course create your own IA scenarios. Create the vehicles that you want to appear in a hidden location, and do NOT connect them to the movement paths. SB will randomly select one of the "prototypes" that you made, and automatically spawn it at one of the root points of the movement path chains. So if you have a single T-80, then only T80s will get spawned. If you have three T-80s and a HIND, 75% of all spawned units will be T-80 and 25% will be HIND, etc.

Sorry for being such a thickie, but where does one actually put this IA scenario? I've tried to put it in the InstAct folder, but when I then start an instant action scenario, I get the default one :) would you mind telling in which specific folder to put it and if it is to be opened through the instant action menu?

Looks like that SB PRO PE is becoming arcade game. Who knows, maybe some big arcade companies like EA will want to buy Esim Games and they will pay you a lot of money and you will become Bill Gates for a while ;-)

Good luck with comparing results you COD KID :D

I can only wait for some other one who will call me noob because of my score, just like in BF3...

Oh god, where is this world going....

....Military simulations becoming arcade games....

....Military vehicles beginning to use gamepads....

....Soldiers instead of shooting range targets shooting xboxes...

Just a joke...

...Or else...

Interesting interpretation of a single sentence.