FINLAND campaign mission 4: "Nine Hearts"

Grenny

1st post just now used as a placeholder....details will follow.

Just to start: DANCOY, a company size detachment from II/JDR will have to do something about the Airassault spotted by SWECOY during the 2nd Mission.

Also note: I'll check the screenshots and inform all players who have taken part in all of the 1st 3 missions, and are therefor entitled to the campaign ribbon....guess till end of the week.

Please hand in one velcro name-patch to S-1, so we can get the medal-parade done quickly befor the next mission ;-)

Stable_belt_JDR.PNG.73f729fe498d1689d079

Stable_belt_JDR.PNG.73f729fe498d1689d079

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staffing list, please "apply" via PM:

CO (CV9035): Kingtiger

Xo (CV9035): Tac197

3rd plt (Leo2A5DK-2)

-ldr:Tjay/ Grimlok

-2IC:Connaugh

-wm:Crusty/ Paladin

4th plt (Leo"A5DK-2)

-ldr: Falli

-2IC:Erazor

-wm:Ricopico

1st plt (CV9035)

-ldr: Froggy

-2IC: Darklabor

-wm: TOM 83

2nd plt (CV9035)

-ldr:Tacom

-2IC: Joona

-wm:Tacbat

2xFO(CV90 FO): Hedgehog (Grenny)

Recon(EAGLE IV):

-ldr1 Zipuly

-wm1

-ldr2: 12ALFA

-WM2

Engineer detachment:

-ldr: Duke

-2IC:

Edited by Grenny

Also note: I'll check the screenshots and inform all players who have taken part in all of the 1st 3 missions, and are therefor entitled to the campaign ribbon....guess till end of the week.

Please hand in one velcro name-patch to S-1, so we can get the medal-parade done quickly befor the next mission ;-)

Is that set of horizontal stripes the "ribbon" or is it the one you published earlier?

Also note: I'll check the screenshots and inform all players who have taken part in all of the 1st 3 missions, and are therefore entitled to the campaign ribbon....guess till end of the week.

I've just done 1st and 3rd, and I'll miss the 4th (out of town on a computer simulation training weekend). But I'll be on hand for the 5th and 6th scenarios.

Good luck with Scenario 4! :bigsmile:

Yes, I know what a stable belt is.

I have three (from different units) in the cupboard - since you had to buy them here (no longer used).

Mine are even "proper" ones with no bright shinny buckle on the front - since that defeats their whole purpose of not scratching the horse while brushing it down. Rather the buckles are on the side:

16297982198_881d31f92d_o.jpg

16486049981_a8c8ba57db_o.jpg

16485691685_76183f01d7_o.jpg

So I gather that the pattern in Grenny's post is for some unit represented in the current series?

Edited by Gibsonm

Well, we need a volunteer as CO DANCOY!!...so to make an informed decision to volunteer:

Situation:

Own:

-FINBAT was able to hold the line VOUHIJÄRVY-HAAPALA, reducing an enemy BTR-Rgt to 30% in the process. 1st company to heavy losses at SELÄNPÄÄ airfield and had to be relieved by the BN-Reserve. FINBAT now at 70% Strength. But Everstiluutnantti Mattinen reports: we can hold

-SWECOY stabilized the FEBA just east of KORVENLAITA, enemy lead BN(BMP) has been neutralized. SWECOY is down to 5-Tanks and 4 IFV but able to continue defence in the area

Kapten Kingtiger is says he can hold ;-)

-DANCOY just reached ORAVALA and has received new orders

-NORCOY and FINCOY follow, lead elements are just passing VOIKAA

ENEMY

Enemy forces have conducted and airmechanized landing amied at taking the Bridges on Road 369 and 46 in the area of PYRÖYLA and LAMMINKYLÄ.

We can assume that the main effort will be directed north-west IOT to take JAALA. In this way enemy could completejy avoid our defences north and south of KOUVOLA

-1st Regiments(BTR) currently regrouping and combat ineffective east of SELÄNPÄÄ

-3rd Regiment(BMP) regrouping and relieving 311 BN (BMP) in the area of URO/KEISANMÄKI after the attack against SWECOY, likely intend is to reassume attack west IOT to bind SWECOY and shift main effort north along road 3682 outflank FINBAT and move west to reach the Bridges taken by the airassault.

-2nd Regiment(BTR) Lead elements have been spotted east of HEINISTÖ

likely intend is to continue to bind FINBAT in defensive positions and to exploit possible success of 3rd Regiment

-Independent Tank-BN: not been introduced or spotted yet.

Intent NRF/EU-BG:

-Deploy elemts of TF-VALKYRIE in support of NBG(SWECOY) IOT destroy Enemy BMP-BN at URO before they can advance along Road 3682

-Continue deployment of NBG, right of FINBAT and establish strong defensive positions IOT halt the enemy attack/destroy the main forces of the enemy DIV

-Continue to overwatch the terrain south of Road 15, between Peltola-MAUNO, as well as north of VALKEALA with the Mixed-Recon BN IOT secure on right flank, and keep liasion with "Pori"-Brigade

Intent NBG:

-destroy enemy Landing zone near PYRÖYLÄ IOT secure own rear area and ensure FOM

-reenforce SWECOY a.s.a.p. IOT establish a secure defensive line

-keep a tank-heavy reserve near SAVISTO IOT

=> support the defencive positiones

=> block possible enemy move along road 3682

=> prepare for a possible counterattack toward URO or in a wide move around north

towards HAAPALA

-For DANCOY-

100907Ajan19:

-enemy airassault operation reported by SWECOY

0935A

-tracked vehicles(at east 5) have been seen moving south-east trough LAMPILA-Golf-club

0930A:

-Security detchments from the Brig-CSS point east of PAHASAARI reported enemy patrols on foot towards JAALA. Pratrols broke contact after beeing engaged.

CSS-company has est. blocking positions along the road, but just to have enough time to move all supplies and equipment west towards JAALA

0945A:

-lokal residents reported enemy soldiers digging in around PYRÖRYLÄ

100945Ajan19:

=>Your marching-package arrived at ORVALA

=> with you are 2 DK-Recon teams, One Heavy-platoon GE-engineers

You get this FRAGO over radio:

"Kaptajn, Enemy forces just landed north of you.

-Cease movements toward SAVISTO and immediatly establish contact with the enemy

-destroy enemy at Bridge 1 and Bridge 2, as per maptrace

-take and secure Bridge 1 and 2

-you have 1 Battery for support... Questions?"

9_hearts_map_zip.a7032143aa7dd5ab2ca0d5c

9_hearts_map.zip

Yes because Infantry, as people who walk for a living, never went near a horse! :)

Thankfully I retain my spurs and my chain mail. :)

Well, we only need a horse for three reasons:

1. Carry something

2. Tow something

3. Be eaten by someone

Thankfully I retain my Rifle, Pack and shovel.......:bigsmile:

So I will CO this one as well - Being Scanian I am the closest to Danish we have here :men_ani:

Basic plan attached, will make it more specific and write out an OPORD and have it sent out NLT Wednesday.

Question for the Plt leader/key roles players, are you interested in the TS meeting on Wednesday that we had last time I was CO? Not sure we actually got anything out of it that the written order didn't already explain?

/KT

basicplan_rar.d86923be11a113ab3966805730

basicplan.rar