FINLAND campaign mission 4: "Nine Hearts"

Grenny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is 4D - orders clear, no questions"

BTW: Thanks for your offer Tjay, but we (hopefully) have a larger own operation today.

On the other hand - not to be misunderstood, I don´t want to sound snotnosed *g* - Leopards are our daily business :P

Understood. No offense taken. :) Maybe we could join your show and learn from the experts?

Fernschreiben

von:

PzPi Btl910 S4/TO

an:

ZgFhr GE detachment DANCOY (Duke)

Nutzungseinschränkung PzSchnellbrücke Biber durch Nutzungsleiter(NL) BAAINBw Abteilung K9.4

Bei Nutzung der PzSchnellbrücke Biber auf Brücken und Teilweise zerstörten Brücken kann es durch Wechselwirkung zwischen Fz Batterie Erdmagnetfeld und Brückenmodel, zu einer Phasenresonanz der Atome the Biber und der Betonbrücke kommen.

Der Biber kann dann durch die Brücke hindurch stürzen sobald das Brückenmodel Kontakt zum Boden/Brücke herstellt.

Durch NL-Pi-Gerät wird daher folgende Nutzungseinschränkung ausgesprochen:

1. Das Brückemodul darf wegen Gefahr für Leib und Leben grundsätzlich nicht auf und von Betonbrücken aus eingesetzt werden.

2. Ist der Einsatz dennoch taktisch notwendig, hat der Führer vor Ort zunächst eine Gefährdungsbeurteilung durchzuführen und diese Schriftlich festzuhalten.

Um die Gefährdung durch ertrinken für die Besatzung zu verringern, sind alle Luken am Biber zu öffnen und Rettungswesten bzw. Tauchretter anzulegen.

Koblenz, 10 Januar 2019

Hmmm, phase resonance with concrete objekts.....

That's a pretty fundamental design flaw.

Imagine the scene:

Russian Para's spewing MG rounds like its the end of year range shoot.

An RPG whistles over Tjay's Leopard and explodes spectacularly on an over head tree. Tjay and Crusty are returning the sentiment, their coax barrel glows a dull red, mutterings about barrel managment drift from the loader's hatch.

Katie sprints over head low, rifle clutched tight in a death like grip, He reaches the Biber sliding to a stop behind the idleing vehicle left hand extended for balance.

Katie grabs hold of Duke's shoulder Katie leans over and screams in his ear:

"Where's my goddamn bridge??!!"

Duke glances up from his clipboard:

"I am filling in mein risk assement! I cannot launch mein bridge without it!"

"I don't care about F**king risk assesments! Get my bridge launched!"

"Nein! Risk assesment first!"

Duke shrugs Katie hand off and turns back to his Clipboard.

"Hatches open?" Duke Declares.

"Was??!! Sie sind verrückt??!" His driver replies.

"Hatches open." Duke replies forcefully.

"Jawhol."

"Life jacket on?"

"Ja."

"Tunic Buttons fastened?"

"Ein moment....Richtig."

Duke turns to Katie, indicating with his pencil:

"Kapten, please sign here."

"Oh for..." Katie takes the pencil & hastily scribbles a signature

"Ok, everything ist korrekt." Duke makes the sign of the cross & crosses his fingers, and casts his eyes to the heavens, in silent prayer. "Here we go."

The Biber starts its launch, puts its anchor down, the supports unlock, exends the bridge, gently touches the bridge onto the concrete, the enigne strains....and dies.

The Biber and the bridge start to vibrate. Weirdly, then, as one.

A blinding flash of light! MmWHOPPP!

The Biber, is nowhere to be seen.

Katie and Duke remain crouched behind the now incorporeal Biber dumbfounded, and a surprised hush descends over the battle.

Hedgehog appears up out of his FOV90 parked off to the side, and declares: "What the f**k was that??!!"

The enemy soon gathers his wits, sending Duke and Katie sprinting for cover, Duke's pencil clutched white knuckle tight in Katie's right fist, rifle in the other, 7.62 rounds kicking puffs of dirt behind them. The pitched battle resumes....

Hy Katie,

One suggestion for the engineers:

After we pass bridge 1, you will my Breaching team in the north (E1A) and my bridge in Palojärvi(v3).

I suggest only to send 1 Fuchs and 1 Wisent to E1A. The second Wisent move also to V3. So we have one more ARV in the area.

Think about we have a uk tank platoon and they have to cross the river!

cheers

D u k e

Hy Katie,

One suggestion for the engineers:

After we pass bridge 1, you will my Breaching team in the north (E1A) and my bridge in Palojärvi(v3).

I suggest only to send 1 Fuchs and 1 Wisent to E1A. The second Wisent move also to V3. So we have one more ARV in the area.

Think about we have a uk tank platoon and they have to cross the river!

cheers

D u k e

HAHAHAHAHA:luxhello: that cracked me up :bigsmile:

Your considerations are correct but no, I DO NOT want you to send 1 ENG asset to V3.

Reason is that I do not want you to be low on firepower if suddenly 1-2 platoons of BMP/BMD comes rolling south along Route 46. Then you gonna need every AT-4 and 12.7 RWS you got before I manage to send a CV or TK platoon your way.

/KT

Servus,

good game this morning. Thank you to Ronin for the mission and Katie for leading. My Stream is still uploding unfortunatly without radio traffic.

Here is the Server AAR, Server report and the log file.

cheers

D u k e

What is next mission I need a new avatar?

Duke, I've got the radio traffic. I'll think I can edit/upload on thuesday

Yeah thanks all for participating and Grenny for the campaign!

Was a looong battle but we won, with surprisingly only 1 tank of 6 destroyed. Not often that happens!

To bad we lost so many CV90s though, but on the other hand that meant that Duke got to fight allot as well instead of just trailing the Coy ;)

Next mission I should be at home (last weekend before active duty) so I can grab a platoon leader if it is needed but after that I can only take VC spots as I will be away from gaming rig during weeks so I can not plan anything.

/KT

Many thanks to Grenny for a great mission and KT for C.Oing. It showed how effective well placed infantry with the right weapons can be in slowing an advance. 3D took at least 3 RPG hits and only survived (I think) due to the 2A5DK's 'shopping basket' armour.

Multicrewing certainly adds another dimension to missions like this, not least the need for the platoon commander to handle three separate 'frequencies'!

Question. On one occasion I demolished a wooden barn iot clear a sight line, and bu pure good luck killed the rifle squad hiding inside. But the barn had no windows so I'm wondering if they would have been any threat - not that I knew they were there anyway. I don't think the infantry AI is up to hiding in a barn and emerging later, but I could be wrong.