Getting a license to my dongle.

Vacquero

• Administrators

You'll need to plug the dongle directly into the pc that is on the internet to write the license to it. The codemeter runtime will have to be installed on that pc in order for the writing to work.

Once the license is on the dongle, the dongle can be moved anywhere you want to use it.

• Members
As per usual I don't have full-time internet access on my PC, but I have access to one that does. Is there a way to transfer the license onto a USB flash drive on that PC and transfer it to my PC and then to the dongle?

Absolutely.

On the target PC, create a license request file. Transfer the license request file to the other PC, then visit the license ticket and select "offline activation". Then upload the license request file. Receive and save a license update file, then transfer that back to the original PC. There, apply the license update file.

Details are described in the user's manual, chapter 2 "Installation", section "CodeMeter".